Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: GoPro Max 360 - Too many issues

[ New ]

@sunnyvista68500  you can edit the .360 files via GoPo Player...open the transferred .360 file with GoPro Player and

either

edit to mp4 by reframing which only renders 1080p videos

OR

do no edits and export immediately as 360 video which is really a re-formating/conversion of the GP proprierty .360 format to equirectangular mp4 files and you can get 5.6K ProRes mp4 videos for editing in for example Premier Pro and then reframe (Or not) with the new FX plugin (which only works in PP 2019 for now).

There is no need to use a phone/mobile app exclusively for conversion/transfer. Just pull the SD card from the Max, transfer onto computer and use GoPro Player....

Hiker

[ New ]

Premiere Pro 2019 restitching is much better then GoPro App (Android) ... no artefacts or stitching issues with Adobe FX

Tourist

[ New ]

tks for all replies, to sum-up:

transfering 360 files from MAX cam can either be done through 1) the phone quick app, and then through air drop to computer or 2) directly to computer through SD card USB reader with go pro player app. No possilbity to transfer 360 files (as not mp4) through USB to Quick app in computer. 

Guess there is no real quality loss for both options but the last one for sure quicker ? 

Would have been easier though to upload all cam files at the same time through sub and quick app....

Hiker

[ New ]

I chatted with customer support today and there is even less options for PC users.  I can only export to the PC and view with their viewer, but there is no editing capability.   So I have to transfer the GB of data my phone with a 5" screen, re-frame and edit there and export to MP4, and then move that to a PC and use another application to edit that.  I haven't even attempted to pull GPS data and put overlays on it yet, but I'm betting it's going to be a no-go.   I don't even see a way to export their 360 files and use a 3rd party app to edit a the files yet.   If you are going to make your files proprietary, you need to have software to use them.  Otherwise make them universal so we can use any software we like.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Just bought the GoPro Max. Nothing but issues. This camera is not ready to be put on store shelves. It might be the best camera in the world but I’ll never know because I can’t view the videos. I tried editing the 360 videos on my brand new iPhone and this error pops up: “Photo bursts, 4K 4:3 video and 360 media are not supported at this time”. I tried this on multiple iPhones from the newest generation all the way to an iPhone 6s. Called GoPro customer care and they told me to download GoPro Player on my brand new gaming PC... the only problem with that is that “GoPro Player” doesn’t even exist for PC, it’s only for Mac. Then customer service told me to install Exporter which I’ve done and it keeps crashing as soon as in import media and start the queue. I tried doing fresh installs of exporter 3 times with no luck. GoPro, you’ve obviously rushed to put the GoPro Max on shelves before all of its software was ready. This is unacceptable. You’d think your company would have learned from that same mistake you made with the crappy Karma Drone.
Sightseer

[ New ]
I should add that GoPro customer care told me to just use it in Hero mode instead of 360 mode until they fixed their software issues... if I wanted the hero I wouldn’t have bought the GoPro max!!! Smh
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @act1photo. We have posted a reply to this same query that you posted at https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Do-not-buy-the-Hero-8-Black/m-p/447703#/M118346 . We'd love to hear back from you. Thanks!