Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Max 360 Problem

I recently purchased a GoPro Max 360 camera. I transferred the 360 footage to the GoPro App on my iPhone 6. I got as far as 'Downloading Media' and 'Saving' before the app quit. If I click on the thumbnail of the 360 footage, a scroll line appears but without any video. Also, when will the GoPro Player for Windows be available so that I can try editing the 360 footage on my desktop?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Max 360 Problem

Hi @davidr643

We have recently released an update for the GoPro app both on Android and iOS.

Please make sure to restart your phone before pairing it with the camera again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @aragon1006 

I eventually discovered from online help that the GoPro Max App does not work with my iPhone 6. Here is a list of supported devices that work with Fusion 360 and, presumably, Max 360:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Fusion-Supported-Devices/ta-p/395878

David

Highlighted
Explorer

MAX should work with those cameras, but many more as well. For Apple devices, you need iOS devices running an A9 chip or newer and with 2GB+ RAM or more.

Example: iPhone SE, 6S, 6S Plus, iPad (5th Gen) or later.

Android needs Android 8.0+, with at least 4GB RAM.

The article you linked to is specific to Fusion ONLY.
Highlighted
Explorer

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for that, @danielr15 

The link I posted was given to me by the GoPro helpline adviser who, at first, couldn't understand why the App would not work on my iPhone 6. As your link confirms, my iPhone 6 is not covered.

That begs the question, why would the adviser on the GoPro helpline not immediately know that the App would not work on the basic iPhone 6?

Thanks again for your help.

David

Highlighted
Explorer

Unfortunately GoPro has different divisions of the Support and the people answering calls and chat are usually the least knowledgeable. There are those who deal with the Web (including FAQ support articles) and then there are the front line Support who answer calls and do the Chat. The rep has access to all of this information, so it's not like they don't have the information, but if they don't look in the right spot for the answer, the information can sometimes be wrong or inappropriately applied to a given situation or camera. In this case, the rep just didn't perform a correct search when trying to pull it up. They have moderately knowledgeable people, but often when I contact them I have to do a little teaching in the process. Unfortunately, this is pretty typical with most companies as the front line support are usually lower wage employees and there are many more of them to be able to handle the volume of calls/chats.

It can be pretty frustrating as a user of GoPro cameras for the last 10 years and an active member on this forum. I can't tell you how many times a member was ignoring or refuting the correct information I was giving because the GoPro rep told them something different.