Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro MAX not closing clips

[ New ]
Hi, I have a GoPro max that we’ve been using for a few days and I’ve encountered a problem where it will occasionally not close the clips. I have one clip that was done underwater in a housing that is broken into 10 chapters, 9 at 4.01GB and the last one at 1.87GB, but none of the files are playable in the GoPro studio app, or any other app. I am going to find the card tonight and put it back in the camera to see if it plays there, or repairs it, but if I can’t find that does anyone know of a program that can put a wrapper on .360 file type clips like you would on a standard GoPro file if it didn’t close for some reason?

Nomad

Re: GoPro MAX not closing clips

[ New ]

hmm, did u export them with the exporter?

i am currently rendering 8 file (4GB last is 900MB) ,the MP4's made i simply can play back in the gopro player.

cant say if i merge all files to a huge 16GB what the outcomes is, that is for Video studio to do.

Hiker

[ New ]

@pixelnator360 I didn't realize that there was an exporter.  The cards were offloaded using hedge to make an exact copy of the original card.  Every other clip is fine and plays back without issue.  We also had the original card that we put into the max, but it didn't pop up an SOS as a normal GoPro would do.

The one with the error plays fine until 14 seconds, then the video freezes and the sound continues normally.  The video file size is consistent with the size that it should be (runtime to data size) so it does seem as though it exists.  

In the past, on a normal GoPro I would use something like grau gmbh to repair a file, but they don't support .360 extension files yet.

I'll keep trying things and post on here if I get a solution.

Nomad

[ New ]

morning.

U can use almost anything to export, i use total commander for it, i browse to the max, and copy all files to the drive.

the official importer copies the file from the max, and prepares is for rendering, by copying it with other stuff u got the files already on the drive what saves time.

than import the 360 in the exporter (what is for a microsoft store app, grrr) ,and render it, at 4k :( ,cant select the 5.6K till they fix all isues)

the outcome is a big mp4 file, small tip, u need to set the destination path , this is where u rendered files will be, if u, have like me more as 1 hdd (3 in my case hehe), select a other drive for speed, downside, the exporter is not joinging all files if u made a huge clip, but each BIG file is just over 8 minutes (4gb file) ,rendered around 1.7GB

Hiker

[ New ]

I sent my clip to a repair serice that I have used on gopro clips over the years and they informed me yesterday that upon inspection that it all files only contain the single frozen frame to accompany the working audio.

Its a huge disappointment and really makes me wish I had just stuck with my vuze because I would have had working files.

Super bummer as I had just decided to give gopro a try after a bunch of disappointing experiences with them over the years, but it appears that they still persist.  just fyi, everything was with approved cards, original cards still exist, camera is new and undamaged.