Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro MAX drops battery percentage like crazy

Is anyone else having an issue with MAX when it is fully charged and as soon as you start recording it will drop massively from 90 to 80, 75, 63, 57, 52, 45, 30, 15, 11, 6, 5, 3 (I was only able to capture the last few percentages on my phone)

Now I have already done Manual Update multiple times, Factory Reset it.

Below are my findings on the issue:

1. If recording a video the battery will last as usual (captured 1H12M 5.6K25fps)

2. Camera will not turn back on if the battery percentage is depleted by just software or by recording a continuous video.

3. Camera will not turn back on if video is stopped even after recording for a few minutes and software dropped the battery percentage all the way to 3%.

I am only writing this to see if someone else also faced similar issue and know any solutions. I will have it replaced regardless. Don't have any spare MAX batteries to test if issue is just with the battery or the camera.

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro MAX drops battery percentage like crazy

Sounds like you have a battery issue, I would try contacting GoPro Support directly to see if they can help you as this is really just a member to member forum

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Highlighted
Hiker

I find mine drops fairly quickly, but to that fast. I have voice control and GPS turned off, but I leave Conneciton turned on. Can easily get an hour or so out of it, 

Highlighted
Tourist

That’s the thing. I do get around an hour or so of footage but the battery percentage in the software just screws up. And if i stop and try to start recording again in middle of this it will not work. Anyway I’m getting a replacement from store. Didn’t have spare battery to confirm if the issue was with the camera or just the battery.
Highlighted
Hiker

Yeas, it certainly becomes unstable when the battery is low. I had mine drop to 2% last night. Couldn't do a thing with it after that.