Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro MAX do not charge if turned off while charging and turned back on.

I have repeated this several times. It is a bug. May only be applicable to my setup which is a 45W powerbank. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XHKVQ3V/

Nomad

Re: GoPro MAX do not charge if turned off while charging and turned back on.

The GoPro Max should be charged with a 5v 1-2A charger.  The output from the powerbank is 5v 3A.  It's more thank likely this incorrect charger is causing your Max to power off in order to stop it from being damaged by incorrect charging method.  Please use an approved charger for your GoPro Max.

Tourist

The amount of amperage to draw is decided by the device pulling the power up to the limit of the charger's capabilities.

I understand your approved charger only argument. Also seems to only affect USB-C from this powerbank. USB-A are more consistent.

The official supercharger have similar power output specifications to this powerbank.

Nomad

Try a different type-C to type-C cable.
Tourist

This cable can charge my laptop at 60+W and its rated for 100W. What could be wrong in the cable? Are you saying the GoPro Max is not USB-C PD client similar to the Raspberry Pi  4 Scandal?

Nomad

Possible. I don't know where to find this info. Devs can give an answer about this.
Hiker

I sorta tested this on mine.  Plugged in, shows charging and red light comes on.  Power off/on a couple of times and appears to still be charging.  I was at about 80%, so while still plugged in I powered off and left it to fully charge.  The next morning (about 10hrs later) it still had the red light on, but was fully charged.  Unplug/plug back in and red light stayed off.   So a little different than what you had, but still an issue with it showing it's still charging when in fact it is full.

Tourist

For those who want to help test. To stay in the same scope, please use usb C to C cable with a USB power delivery compliant charger.

I believe the issue is narrowed down to the way GoPro handles power negotiation. Not applicable so much with usb a