Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Backpacker

Re: GoPro Launches Entry-Level HERO Camera 2018

the talking head icon is if you swipe from the right on the screen (is on the Hero 5 & 6, & sure the Hero uses the same menu)

Highlighted
Tourist

So I've been mucking about with the Hero 2018 today and as far as i can tell the voice control does not work once the screen saver kicks in? So does that mean i have to set the screen saver to "never" which will significantly affect battery life (i imagine). I had hoped to use the voice control to start/stop recording while surfing and limit the amount of footage to edit. Can anyone confirm voice control does not work once the screensaver turns on? Thx.
Highlighted
Backpacker

i haven't got an SD card in mine, but it turned off when i told it too even once the screen saver cut in

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Launches Entry-Level HERO Camera 2018 - Remote control ??

Has anyone tried pairing a remote to the HERO 2018?  Voice control is not working for SUP surfing, too far from nose mounted camera with wave, ocean noise etc.  I have not seen anywhere whether the HERO 2018 can use a remote or not. Seems like a no-brainer that it should be able too as it pairs to the phone/gopro app.  Thanks! Rob

Highlighted
Backpacker

it only works with the app, doesn't even give the option for the remote in the menu 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Would that be something that a firmware fix might be expected too solve?  Or should I have bought the Hero 5 Black?  Just got it Saturday, so could maybe swap it for Hero 5

Highlighted
Backpacker

that depends on personal choice. I can't recommend the Hero 5, i'd have to pay the extra & get the 6 Black. Its leagues better