Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro Labs For Hero 7 Black

[ New ]

Hello,

GoPro has released GoPro Labs for the Hero 8 but not for other cameras. On the announcement page Gopro has used a hero 7 Black. This means that it is possible to use it on a Hero 7 Black. I am wondering if I can get a copy of the firmware for the Hero 7 Black that has the GoPro Labs features.

Accepted Solutions
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Labs For Hero 7 Black

[ New ]

Labs firmware for the Hero 7 Black is available here.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

If you read the article you'll see this was a once off side project specifically for the GoPro Hero 8.  While it's nice to have QR control and other features, as a side project, it was never expanded on and is considered a "once off".  There is no further developement on the GoPro Labs Firmware for the Hero 8, and it will not be available for other models as this would mean putting a developement team in place to specifically work on GoPro Labs firmware and they are already busy working on the GoPro player, GoPro Webcam and GoPro Hero 9 firmware.

Hiker

[ New ]

I see where you are coming from about GoPro working on other software and that it was a once off, but the camera used on the release page was definatly a hero 7. This means that they don't need to develop the firmware. Thery already have it. Even if it was classed a beta of gopro labs (Which is beta) it would be possible to install it on a Hero 7.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Labs firmware for the Hero 7 Black is available here.

Hiker

[ New ]

GoPro released that 10 hours ago! 4 hours before you answered!

Do you think they saw this question?

Nomad

[ New ]

I think a lot of people have been asking for this for a while.  Also with them dropping the preview while recording (9) and the protune options from the app, the QR codes were the best way to make up for that...

.... however I should not discount the possibility of you having magical powers........ so in that case....... can you ask if it's possible that we all win our respective lotto's, invest wisely and become rich billionaires?   I mean.... at this stage I think it's well worth trying!

Smiley Happy