Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro Highlight Tag Utility

[ New ]

Does anyone know of a utility that will simply identify if a GoPro video contains highlight tags?  I don't care about the details about the tags, I simply want to import/copy all of the videos with highlight tags to my mac for editing.

Currently I have to use Quik to import the files to see the tags, however, with the GoPro Labs firmware, certain features make that next to impossible to do with Quik.

GoPro

Re: GoPro Highlight Tag Utility

[ New ]

Hi @ronj25

Files with HiLights can be identified with a yellow mark on the lower right-hand side of the thumbnail.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/What-is-HiLight-Tagging-amp-How-Does-it-Work/ta-p/390286

This is available when viewing files on Quik for desktop, the GoPro App, and on PLUS.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

Re: GoPro Highlight Tag Utility

[ New ]

Thanks @aragon1006 .  However, I'm looking for a faster way to detect if a file has a hilight without first having to import all the footage using Quik. 

Ideally the utility would look at each file on my sd card and only copy it to my computer if it has a hilight.  Even if I had a utlity that would simply identify if a file contains a highlight, I could write a script to import the correct footage from my two sd cards (one for each GoPro Hero8 Black).  Right now I import all of the footage using quik and then sift through it manually since Quik doesn't help you with file management.  It takes a few clicks per each file with a highlight to discover it's filename, and then I locate that file and move it to a new folder.  Once all of the highlighted files are moved, I delete everything else and begin the editing process.  That is slow, but it's currently the only solution.  In addition, with the GoPro Lab file naming support, Quik won't import the files unless you go back to the regular naming convention.

I'm simply looking for a way to optimize my post production work until GoPro is convinced to fix the issues with looping ( https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero8-Black-PLEASE-FIX-LOOPING-It-should-be-AN-OPTION-IN-EVER... ).