Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Herp 8 water leakage

[ New ]

I have purchased this GoPro Hero 8 Black waterproof camera on 19th March 2020 because I was planning to Cebu for underwater activity. However,due to covid-19 my plan was disturbed. I did try to capture pictures at my house for the first few days, never used it until 25th Sep 2020,we went to the Singapore Sentosa beach area,we bring this GoPro to capture video. The first time I was trying to capture an underwater video without a protective casing,just flooded our leg at the beach side(No swimming,no snorkeling,no diving). I did check and confirmed the GoPro was fully sealed before putting it in the water. Unfortunately,the camera was showed a signal of error in the battery and the micro SD card(This is my first time used GoPro to capture pictures and video with friends,we did check every picture and video after every single round.)

As soon as this happened I removed the battery and the SD card,and let it dry for a few hours. But this GoPro hero 8 won't turn on ever since that happens. I did buy an extra battery and did place it on this Hero 8, Unfortunately, still failed to turn on.  I did check the micro SD card via computer,it still works. All picture and video were safe except for the last video were craked.

I did try to contact Gopro support to check it but failed to contact them. I'm in Singapore, don't know where can I go to search for help. Please let me know how can I fix my gopro,Thank you🙏🏻

GoPro

Re: GoPro Herp 8 water leakage

[ New ]

Hello @tianalau

Let our Support Team take a look at what happened.

Please submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Appreciate your reply.

However, keep showed the words as stated below: 

Sorry, all agents are helping other customers right now. Please try later.

Is there any Singapore contact number that I could call them directly?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @tianalau

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, contacting the person already takes almost 1 week. We have to work on weekdays too.

The link given for submitting supporting documents is terrible, unable to review the file is still okay; The terrible part is unable to submit another file (haven't exceeding the memory amount).

The question has been asked in the email. want to reply but has no place to answer. 

Is there any email that can be given to support the case? Hope there is the fastest way to solve this. 

Look forward to your reply, Thank you

GoPro

[ New ]

@tianalau, sorry, we currently do not have an active email support as it has long been discontinued. We can see that you’ve requested a call-back from one of our agents and we’re working quickly to get in touch with you. We’ve had an unusually high amount of traffic in the past few days, so please bear with us. Someone from our Support Team will be in touch soon. If for some reason we miss you on the return call, please feel free to schedule another call-back or live chat.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Sir, I did click on "Request a call" for several rounds, no one calls me within those few days.

Every day keep retry to click "live chat", but keep pop out "Sorry, all agents are helping other customers right now. Please try again later.“

I think I just upload what you guys require here. 

WATER DAMAGE QUESTIONS:

1. How long have you had the camera? Ans: Order on 10March2020, Received on 13March2020.

2. Describe how you were using the camera (location, water depth, activity, etc.)?
    Ans:
    Water depth:Around 50cm,below my knee area
    Activity:Recording while walking on the beachside.
  3. How many times have you used your camera in the water?
    Ans: 1st time.

4. Did you notice when the leak occurred if using housing?
    Ans: Don't use the housing. No swimming,no diving,no snorkeling,just walk around the beach area for taking pictures and video. Checked the last video via computer, it stated (This file isn’t playable. This might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt. 0xc00d36c4)
Tourist

[ New ]

The case number is 08528958. Thank you

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @tianalau

We were able to check the case and see that Support was able to assist you.

An email has also been sent regarding the case.

If you have further questions about the case, please follow up with Support at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej