Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero9 - MacBook Air Model No. A1932

[ New ]

I'm curious as to how I may be able to access/edit my photos/videos on my MacBook Air? I connected my GoPro USB-C to USB-C; attempted using both ports on my MacBook and no success with either. It's worth noting that my MacBook is up to date with the latest version of Big Sur as well as my GoPro software being up to date as well. I don't get any push notifications telling me it's connected nor any type of notification allowing me to import or gain access to the device or its contents. Am I better off purchasing an adapter for my memory card and connecting just the memory card without the camera? When I open the System Information window I can see that the Hero9 is connected but aside from general diagnostic stats, I do not have any options or prompts allowing me to manage the device or its data, also the GoPro is showing the red light indicating charging, but that is all. I'm a new GoPro user and I havent owned a digital camera since possibly 2010-2012 so I apologize if I'm quite behind on this technology. I've only been using my various iPhones for the last 10 years.

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 11.30.58 AM.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero9 - MacBook Air Model No. A1932

[ New ]

Hi @baemehring

Can you please check if you have the camera settings on MTP?

See Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port

Once plugged in, try accessing the files via Image Capture.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej