Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero8 won’t turn on

I ended up sending in my unit with the RMA provided for a full refund. Since I was still within my 30 day warranty I was allowed to do so I guess. Once my refund is processed, I will order another GoPro hero 8. Customer service recommended that I do it this way versus an exchange so that I am able to get a new GoPro and will have 30 day warranty again. This has been really frustrating. I’m going on 3.5 weeks now since receiving my first ever GoPro, and still don’t have a working GoPro right now. I hope this refund works out smoothly so that I can order a new GoPro.
Hiker

I received an email of a receipt for my full refund, however I still have yet to receive the money back into my bank account. It’s been 3 days now since I received the refund receipt. GoPro, is there typically this Long of a wait to receive my money back? I’m not ordering a new one until I can get my money back from the original faulty unit.
GoPro

Hi @13hoff

It typically takes 7-10 business days for the refund to be applied, depending on your particular bank's process. You may also check with them from time to time for updates.

Thanks!
Ej

Hiker

Thank you! I received the funds back into my account, and I also ordered he new GoPro hero 8 bundle. Stoked to get it and praying that this one works! I have another trip next weekend and want to use it for some footage! Thanks again!!!
Hiker

Got my new GoPro 8 after returning the faulty unit that I was given initially. GoPro seems to be working perfectly, so I hope that it works for my vacation that I am leaving for in an hour. Will report back. Thank you GoPro for honoring your word and making this exchange process as easy as you could given the unfortunate circumstance. I have been happy with their customer service thus far.
GoPro

Glad to know that @13hoff.

Just make sure to check everything before leaving. 

It would be best to reformat all your SD card before leaving and manually update your camera. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Hiker

Okay. I updated the camera when I linked it to my phone last night. I am not sure what you mean by reformatting my Sd card, it was a new Sd card that came with the unit.
GoPro

Got it @13hoff,

What I mean is it would be best to reformat your SD card before using it. 

Let's say you already used it. 

Just keep a back up and reformat your card.

-Jay