Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero8 won’t turn on

And one interesting thing- camera doesn't turn on from the first pushing the power button when connecting to PC. The same issue was with gopro 5. I mean, I connect the camera to pc, push power button and nothing happens, then push the second time and it turns on. Why does it happen to it?
Highlighted
Hiker

And I noticed that if my camera doesn't turn on and then I hold power button for several seconds (approximately 5 sec), the power indicator flashes once and then I can turn on the camera as usually and I don't need to reinsert the battery (it's much better :))). But I still don't understand why this happens. I have manually updated to 1.60 but it hasn't helped. And I've made the reset to factory settings. Will see now.
But it usually happened when I did many turns on - turns off the camera during my camera testing . And when are you going to make a new firmware update?
Highlighted
Sightseer

I was having this issue as soon as I received my camera and updated the firmware. I turned off the voice control and this seems to have resolved the problem until it can be patched!

Highlighted
Hiker

I see, but I turned voice control off and never turned it on
Highlighted
Adventurer

longpress for off is over 3 secs, long press for reset is 10-15 sec, and 30-35 secs. on is 1 sec short press and timelpase 3 secs

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am having the same issue, used my gopro, turned it off, was sitting for a couple of days, now it wont turn back on, i tried with two different batteries. Any ideas? 

Highlighted
Hiker

Take battery out. Make sure it is FULLY charged.

Replace and try to switch on.

If it does not work do this again.

Highlighted
Tourist

I too am intermittedly having the quick capture issue.  Every now and then I'll go to QC video and the Hero 8 won't turn on.  The only way to get it working again is to remove and reinsert the batttery.  HOWEVER, after doing so it sometimes defaults to Timewarp mode which I never use on purpose.  I never know if it's done it until I get home and look at the footage (I'm a motovlogger).

I don't know whats causing the initial issue, nor why it goes to Timewarp randomly.  And no I'm not holding the QC button for extended periods.  Maybe the battery isn't seating properly or its loose and loses connection now and then?