01-26-2020 10:05 PM
- I extracted the zip file to my desktop
- Then made a new folder which I named Update
- Moved the folder from desktop to the USB
- Turned camera on - immediately started updating
- Be patient it takes a while
- I saw a box on the front screen divided into two (I think this was showing me progress on the updating of the two files in the folder)
- Then this was followed by a big tick to show updating had been completed
02-05-2020 10:28 AM
Just to raise awareness, I also have a "won't power on issue". Seemingly randomly the camera will not turn on using quick capture or the power button. Taking the battery out and re-inserting it seems to fix it, at least temporarily. So far this has happened 3 times in 2 days, after a total of 10 / 15 quick-capture on/offs. This is with original battery, in all cases on charge of 80% or more, and v1.6 software version.
Came here to see if others are experiencing this, which seems to be the case..
02-06-2020 11:57 AM
Today two times I had to take the battery out and re-insert to turn it on, and on one occasion the camera turned off on its own during recording ( which I only found out when I went to turn it off). On two occasions this week the camera turned ON on its own, at the time I thought something in the bag pushed the button, but I think its faulty after all. Less than a month old so I will be contacting support for replacement, even though it feels like a software issue.
02-07-2020 02:24 AM - edited 02-07-2020 02:28 AM
I have the same problem.
Brand new GoPro 8 Black. Latest Update on firmware but still, when I needed it quick to turn on it didn't turn on.
I am currently abroad and no chance to send back the camera within 30 days.
Please find a solution for that as it is very dissapointing for the quality of a new camera.
02-07-2020 10:20 AM
02-13-2020 11:58 PM
When is the next update? Does anyone know?