Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Hero8 not waterproof

Hi
Just bought a gopro 8 which is great. I'm planning on using it for swimming video analysis mainly. Is it OK to use for prolonged periods in chlorine or should I get the waterproof case to protect it better ?
Highlighted
Adventurer

the case cost say 50.00 the Plus pkg cost 50.00 per year.   you can get replacements if the camera fails to service  no questions asked by gopro.  so if you plan on being in water only you may opt  for and or both.  your option. I chose to simply  use the camera till it gives, and they do give .

Highlighted
Hiker

I had this same issue with the previous go pro I bought that ruined my vacation - it got so hot it would just shut off.  I had the proper SD card etc - this is a major issue with go pros and I'm quite suprised that by now these bugs and issues haven't been resolved.  

People want your product but after seeing all these glitches and issues still happening, I don't think I will purchase. For those who have an older go pro 4 - is that a good one for me to buy?  I'm a plain jane kinda gal, I don't know how to do anything fancy, I simply want something that I can use for snorkeling photos and videos.  

Highlighted
Hiker

My hero 4 stayed connected to power and recording for up to 10 hours in a day between 1080P and 4K on a motorcycle for 9 days while our group did a road trip. without overheating. Yes  downloaded video off camera at fuel stops. Seems that the 5 up to this 8 models have heating issues. All the tech support want to do is overlap each other get you to do task after task and repetitave at that until you finally give up. Just got this for Christmas and I am on my second Hero 8 that does same as first. And this was for a trip coming up in a couple weeks.  I'm a very analitical person and do diagnostic troubleshooting for my job. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing at GoPro. I will never buy another one from them again. It is pasted all over the web abotu these overheating. I should have researched more. I would not recommend anything above a 4. And I just told you the work it did on a trip, on a Harley. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks so much!  I'm hesitant to even buy the hero 4 - is the silver or black better?  I'm reading silver has a touch screen and black does not.  Would I still get a full warranty buying an old model?

Highlighted
Hiker

I have Silver. Has touch screen. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

As long as hte camera has a receipt, and is purchased new, not used.  Since gopro stopped selling the Hero 4  and is discontinued that is a tough question for sure.   Hero 4 is an awesome model if i had to get a hero 4 again I get the touchscreen one because I am now used to it, but I have a hero 4 black its top of the line 4Kvid res, wins me over .  a case will be needed for water  for sure.

Highlighted
Tourist

Same thing has happened to me - checked and all secure closed and water must have leaked in as camera went off - wipes it I. Fresh water and left to dry for 24hrs . Worst time ever for this to stop working - can someone advice what will happen - already filled in a support form on the web site - what did GoPro reply to you all have they replaced