Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero8 not waterproof

for a snorkelling trip the question is why should we need the case at all?  this is my real issue with the GoPro Hero 8, the claim is waterproof to 10m, but if you can't trust that statement then its "can we have another $50 or £50 so you can be sure?" 

Highlighted
Hiker

I'd be hesitant to buy the hero 8 without the case - do they even make one?? 

I had 1 vacation completley ruined because I coudn't take any video at all - I don't want another trip ruined with another Go pro that clearly seems to still have major issues.

I'd looking at this other camera that was mentioned in another post DJI Osmo Camera seems like it's gotten good reviews for using it for snorkeling.

Highlighted
Hiker

Did you end up buying the DJI camera?  Wondering how you like it vs. the go pro.

Highlighted
Adventurer

cases are important. if  you do not want hte case get teh plus pkg.  navigate the site gopro super suit.

https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts-accessories/protective-housing/AJDIV-001.html

Highlighted
Hiker

DO NOT BUY A HERO 8! AS others hhave stated on many forums and I am finding out the hard way taht the Hero 8 does overheat, easily. Spent hours on the phone with 4 different so called "Support" techs. Waste of time and money. My last. Support just tries to wear you down to give up. Go to other manufacturer camera or older like Hero 4. 

Highlighted
GoPro

@scubadvr01, it is unusual for a replacement to have an issue, and even more to have the same problem. By any chance, what's the SD card used? Using SD cards that aren't recommended can cause issues like freezing as the card isn't fast enough to write the content, the camera getting hot or battery consumption is higher than normal as the camera stays in an active mode trying to sync to the card.

If a recommended SD card is already used and you're still experiencing the issue, please let our Support team know so they can help you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Hiker

I've gone through "4" different support techs in one day doing tasks they wanted performed. Wasted hours of my work day. And the last one wanted me to sit around and take of a video of the camera showing "camera too hot" and send it to them. Redicilious and unacceptable. Got myself so heated I had to get off the phone. Repetative, repetative, repetative. Even though they have the notes from the other people.  Because they didn't believe me. Guy said the camera dowesn't say that. Well, I found it many times on the web where people say it does. It's all a stall tactic to wear you down. I have a 3400 mile motorcycle trip in two weeks and have no time to play around with their wasteful antics. I just got the original camera for Christmas and haven't taken it on a ride to test  because of weather. So I took it in my service vehicle. As far as the card goes, it is a recommended card on their site in a 256GB size and a V30 Sandisk. I don't skimp when I buy as I want it to work without issues. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

Sandisks from gopro may not be the best card and they may not sell the top of the line ones, these cameras are sealed. and generate heat. start  blocking a radiator of a  vehicle the same will happen.  Over heat.   for waterproof, they are, some are defects, that happens  some have no clue how to use things or screw a light bulb in.  it happens.  There are some that will just down talk gopro becaus that happens.

FISH