Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero8 Change Orientation

HI Guys,

i'm not having any luck locking orientation so my videos always record upright even if i turn the camera upside down.

when I go to Preferences, Touch Screen and orientation, my options are (ALL)  which is not changeable and on the bottom has (Landscape) which is in blue but when i click on it it just takes me to another setting but its just also Landscape. I tried to follow a video off youtube where the guy was showing how to change but in his video it says (orientation Up)  mine does not. any idea on how I can change that setting?

thank you.

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GoPro Hero8 Change Orientation

In the touchscreen settings you are choosing between the camera only switching to landscape modes (either upside down or right side up) or allowing for portrait (all) when the camera is sideways.

The first step is selecting landscape, which you've done, but to fix the orientation to up or down you need to back out to the main menu. Once you are on the main screen, pull down to get to the Dashboard quick menu settings (Voice Commands, Quick Capture, Lock screen, grid line, and orientation lock). With the camera in the orientation that you want, press the orientation lock icon (bottom right).

https://gopro.com/help/productmanuals (page 84)
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi, same problem for me. The videos are upside down.

Incredible. My hero 4 silver and hero 6 black working fine.

My hero 8 is very very poor.

i've returned

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @hrsoto and @macbigboss75,

Please follow the steps posted by danielr.

If issuer persist please update the firmware of your camera manually. 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

HI, I did what danielr15 suggested but it did not work. i'm working on trying to update the firmware using the GoPro App from my phone

because it does not find an update from the gopro quick app even though there is an update.

Highlighted
Tourist

HI guys,

I updated the Firmware using the GoPro App but I still have the issue.

I have Oriantation locked and i set Orientacion to All or Landscape and neither works.

am I the only person having this issue?

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Highlighted
Adventurer

going to do my best to explain the issue