Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero8 Black Poor Battery Health

[ New ]

Hi there

I know another user has recently posted about this, my new camera is fully charged yet it says it has Poor Battery Health.

I have followed the instructions to manually update using an SD card, and the update seemed to be successful, but it still says I have Poor Battery Health.

Could you please advise?

Thanks

GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero8 Black Poor Battery Health

[ New ]

Hello, @jazzkitten. Will you be able to send as a photo showing the poor battery health indicator? To verify, is the battery that you have the one that came with the camera package and has the blue cap on it? Which version is your camera on now?

It would help to determine battery integrity. To do this, run a short record time test following these instructions. If you get a battery life that is significantly shorter than expected, our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to help.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Before you send that tell us your exact settings, do not leave any detail out

brightness 100%. there you go

screen saver  never, there you go

4k60 hypersmooth High  even better

you  must start conserving the cameras settings down  average run time 50 minutes . no one promised 10 hours of use!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi there

thanks for such a quick response.

I attach an image of the camera display, the version number is 1.6 and yes it is the blue capped battery.

Thanks once again!

20200802_141227.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi there

thanks for your input.

I wasn't complaining about the length of time my camera will or won't record for. I am aware that having all these settings at maximum will drain the battery, but that wasn't my query. The battery health is displaying as poor, even when fully charged.

Brightness is 50%, Screensaver at 1 minute. Hypersmooth is off.