Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro Hero7 White doesn't turn on

[ New ]
Another issue with my hero 7 white.
A few days ago the screen remained frozen and I was unable to turn off the camera.
When it eventually switched off by itself, I had troubles to charge the Gopro. The device is not even recognized by my laptop. Impossible to get it charged and to turn it off.

I know this happens frequently with all the hero 7 models, unfortunately.
While fixing the black is not a problem (due to its removable battery), it's another concern for the white.
I read that the best way to correct it was to plug the white directly to the laptop and reset the camera with the Gopro app.

However, the version of Windows I use is too old and I can't download the app for desktop.

I'm so annoyed. I counted on my Gopro during a dive in a few days.

Any advice?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero7 White doesn't turn on

[ New ]

@cooljump8745, sorry to hear about the trouble. This is definitely no the experience we want you to have. Chat should be available during the posted hours though. The only reason why it might not be is if all of the agents taking care of chats are busy at the time. We don't want to keep chat customers on hold waiting for an agent to come free, but if you try to start a chat a little later, you may be able to get through. You may also try contacting our Support team by phone using the phone number posted at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

[ New ]

Most devices have a reset button, did you use that?

Hiker

[ New ]

of course. No result

Tourist

[ New ]

Mine also froze today 3 times for no reason. I pulled the battery.

This is normal for a $500 camera right?  What a mess. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Mine is the most basic one, the white version. The battery is embedded, thus removing it and putting it back is not even an option.

The camera doesn't turn on, the battery won't charge, no light at all. Furthermore, the computer doesn't recognize it, neither the Gopro, nor the SD card when I insert it in the slot.
At best, a window says the device (the camera itself) is corrupted.

I start to feel anxiety. There's not even an outlet where I can replace it, here.
Hiker

[ New ]
Update: the SD card is recognized, but not the camera. No matter how long I put it to charge, the battery will remain desperately empty.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @cooljump8745 @boldstorm1835

Please go over the steps on HERO7 Will Not Power On

If it's still the same, our Support Team should be able to help you out with your options.

They are available by phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks Aragon, but how can I remove the battery without damaging the camera. I thought only the black version had a remobable battery.