Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero7 Silver will not recognize microSD card

[ Edited ]

I am having a problem with my Hero 7 Silver (SN C*********).  I received it a few weeks ago for my birthday and I have not been able to get it working.  It gives me the No SD card message.  If I turn the device on with the card and try to take a picture it gives me the insert SD card message.

I get the message on several different cards. 

First is a SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB V30 microSDXC UHS-1 card. SDSDQX-064G-A.  It says it works with GoPro on the top left corner of the packaging.

Second is a SanDisk Extreme Plus 32GB V30 microSDHC UHS-1 Card. SDSDQX-032G-AAW4A. It says it works with GoPro on the top left corner of the packaging.

The last is a PNY micro SDHC Elite-X 32GB. P-SDU32U3WX-GE. The GoPro site lists this as a usable card.

The device has been fully charged.

The card is snapped in and properly inserted.

I have done a long and short format of the cards on my home computer.  When I try to format on the device it says no SD.

I have tried to download the current version of the software to the device but I get two messages.  The first says !MicroSD Card  Check your cameras microSD card.  The second message says !Not enough space  Micro SD card is too full to install the update.

I have followed the advice on the website and cannot get the camera to recognize the card.  Is there something else I need to do or do I need to send the GoPro back under a warranty repair?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero7 Silver will not recognize microSD card

Hi @jeepman44

Thank you for trying to troubleshoot the issue.

It will be best to refer to the same store/channel you got the camera from.

You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance.

Please have your camera's proof of purchase ready.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero7 Silver will not recognize microSD card

She ordered it through Amazon on June 23rd, 2019.  She called them to see about returning the camera and they said to contact GoPro since it is under warranty.  I will try the link you sent me.

Thank You