Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro Hero7 Black - Video Transfer problem. HELP!!

[ New ]

Hi,

I have a GoPro Hero7 black with videos on it. I am trying to transfer them onto my Surface Pro 7 (windows 10).

If I plug a standard USB cable between the GoPro and the Laptop, then I don't see the GoPro as a 'device' in File Manager.

Do I have to use a USB-c cable to transfer between the GoPro and the laptop or is there another way of doing it?

Please Help!

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero7 Black - Video Transfer problem. HELP!!

[ New ]

Hi 'Whoever reads this'

All fixed now. I found this thread on here. It worked for me perfectly.

''I just solved this problem (have a Windows 10 PC, GoPro Hero 5 Black and when I plugged in the Hero 5 Black it was not recognized by the GoPro Quik software). To solve this, I went to Device Manager on my PC, then to Portable Devices and expanded this tree, then saw something called "MTP" - this was actually my GoPro - I right clicked on this MTP device, went to "properties", then went to "driver" tab, then clicked "disable device", then once disabled I clicked "enable device" and then it displays correctly as Hero 5 Black in the Device Manager and it also suddenly appeared in the GoPro Quik software - solved! Hope that helps!''

@paddit877 wrote:

Hi,

So I now have a USB-C cable, plugged it in and still nothing.

One thing I did try was to put the same cable into a Windows 7 device and hey presto! It is recognised (through File Manager), so it has to be a Win10 issue, as when I do the same thing on my Windows 10 laptop, I don't see the device in File Manager.

Any suggestions other than transferring through an SD Card adapter? Thanks.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@paddit877, please run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. Use the GoPro USB-C cable that came with the camera. There are some troubleshooting steps here that will help: 

Alternatively, you may use an SD card reader/adapter to connect the microSD card to your computer. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi,

One thing I did try was to put the same cable into a Windows 7 device and hey presto! It is recognised (through File Manager), so it has to be a Win10 issue, as when I do the same thing on my Windows 10 laptop, I don't see the device in File Manager.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi 'Whoever reads this'

All fixed now. I found this thread on here. It worked for me perfectly.

''I just solved this problem (have a Windows 10 PC, GoPro Hero 5 Black and when I plugged in the Hero 5 Black it was not recognized by the GoPro Quik software). To solve this, I went to Device Manager on my PC, then to Portable Devices and expanded this tree, then saw something called "MTP" - this was actually my GoPro - I right clicked on this MTP device, went to "properties", then went to "driver" tab, then clicked "disable device", then once disabled I clicked "enable device" and then it displays correctly as Hero 5 Black in the Device Manager and it also suddenly appeared in the GoPro Quik software - solved! Hope that helps!''

@paddit877 wrote:

Hi,