Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero6 won't turn on.

[ New ]

I was out filming on the ocean and the camera said it was overheating. I was aware but continued to use it as I had to capture something within a limited time. It was only for a couple of minutes, and once i was done I immediately let it rest. A couple of hours laters, I tried turning it on but nothing would happen. I also noticed a lot of water in the lens, but I have used this camera multiple times underwater with no issue afterwards. Although the water took a much longer period of time to dry up then usual. After multiple attempts to try and turn it on, the screen eventually came on but it was blank. A couple of seconds later it shut down again and I haven't been able to get a response from it ever since. When I try and charge it, the red light doesn't appear and the camera doesn't feel warm after charging it for a while like it normally would. 

Is my battery fried and so should I get a new battery"

or does it just have water damage? 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero6 won't turn on.

[ New ]

Hi @loyalgorge26322

So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO6 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing.

Please try the steps on: HERO6 Black Will Not Power On

Make sure that the camera is all dried up before proceeding.

If it's still the same, let our Support Team take a look at what happened. You may reach out to them by phone or chat.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero6 won't turn on.

[ New ]

Hi @loyalgorge26322

So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO6 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing.

Please try the steps on: HERO6 Black Will Not Power On

Make sure that the camera is all dried up before proceeding.

If it's still the same, let our Support Team take a look at what happened. You may reach out to them by phone or chat.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej