Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero6 GPS NO Signal Forever

Hi All,

Purchased goPro Hero6 in April. Then, enabled GPS function on my device , but it show "No Signal" forever. I already tried in Taiwan / Korea / Thailand/ Mainland China/ Hong Kong. But still the same, no one is successful.

Anyone can answer me why?

GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero6 GPS NO Signal Forever

Hello @kaheil3

Thank you for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the trouble. Does the GPS icon/indicator ever appear on the screen of your camera? 

If you have not done it yet, try manually updating your camera and make sure that you are using a recommended SD card. You can find manual update instructions here, and the SD cards that work with GoPro cameras are on this list. We recommend doing the manual update even if your camera already has the latest firmware. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Adventurer

I heard like said by the staff here you need to add firmware thart may enable a glitch of the camera. so also make sure you are not in a   metal enclosure and are using  mode on.   re flash firmware?

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi @mariustanya ,

Thanks for your reply first.

Yes, the GPS icon appear  on the screen (upper left corner), but the color is gray (dimmed).

And tried manually updating yesterday, will test it tomorrow. hope this help.

Also, attached my sd card model below.

=>SanDisk Extreme PRO V30 64GB, it should be fine for goProHero6.

sandisk-extreme-PRO-64GB-4K-600x600.jpg
GoPro

Hi @kaheil3

Thanks for posting back with the information.

Feel free to post back once you've manually updated the camera.

Let's see if this corrects the GPS issue.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

Hi @fishycomics,

Thanks for your suggestion, and reflash the firmware by manual.

I will test it tomorrow, Hope this help :) thank you.

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Sorry for the late reply... finally i sent my goPro to agent (officially recognized) for maintenance. And changed a new one. it works now, can use Gauges in Quik.

But got a NEW problem here... had a kart match yesterday with my friend and used goPro5 & my new goPro6 together.

For my own device, the tracking path is ugly, and hard to read & understand (expect to have a cycle (and readable))?

However, my friend one (goPro5), the path is complete and beatiful and show the map clearly.

Attached the image for your reference. Please help to give some hints... why different...? is it related to FPS? If not related to the setting... i think i need to send the goPro to agent again... !! Thanks a lot

Video Format:
GoPro6: 1080p, 60FPS
GoPro5: 1080p, 30FPS

goPro5_goPro6_GPS issue.jpg
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Forgot to list out the frameware version in 2 different devices... Hope can find out the root cause and have a thorough solution...

GoPro Hero5: 02.60  (up-to-date)

GoPro Hero6: 02.01 (up-to-date)