Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero6 Black - Livestream

So I have been trying to figure this out all day now. GoPro basically has made the livestream functionality on their app work only with the latest models 7 and 8, which I think is incredibly stupid. I payed around $600 for my GoPro Hero6 2 years ago and I think that I deserve continued support for at least 5 years when it comes to features like this.

Moving on, the only way for older GoPro models to livestream, is to use Periscope, which somehow only supports every other model except the one I have. So basically the GoPro Hero6 Black is a $600 camera that has absolutely no way to broadcast what it's recording, with no hope of the functionality ever being added? This has made me incredibly upset with this company and product purchase. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: GoPro Hero6 Black - Livestream

LIVE4  the app that uses   otehr gopros that goprothemselves COULD not do  hope that helped

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fireyvista3345

Live streaming via the GoPro app is not a feature available on the HERO6 Black.

I have read that other users were able to set the camera to work with Persicope.

Other users have also attempted live streaming with the camera however it involves the use of a capture card or an OBS.
We do not have an official way to do this but you may do your own research.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Adventurer

LIVE4  the app that uses   otehr gopros that goprothemselves COULD not do  hope that helped

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you! Will check this out!
Highlighted
Sightseer

@aragon1006 - GoPro should use @fishycomics' solution as the "official way to do this" when users have this problem. I was very upset earlier that the customer support I received from GoPro is "that they did not have an official way to do this". I understand it's a 3rd-party application that you are not in control of but any help would have been better than what I received.

There is an official GoPro solution for older models using Periscope: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Periscope-Live-Streaming-with-your-GoPro/ta-p/394304.

Please add LIVE4 as a solution in a similar manner.
Highlighted
Sightseer

@fishycomics working great! thanks so much!