Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero6 100mbps bitrate H264 and H265 all resolutions and frame rates firmware update request

I have been using the GoPro Hero6 for almost a year since it came out. I’m a videographer and have all the camera equipment one could need, but the Hero6 is my favorite family camera during vacations. It’s the crowning achievement of a tough little camera! It’s really awesome, but I have had a love hate relationship with it.  The ease of use is outstanding. The best camera by far when it comes to handling. It’s a joy to operate. It has a great touch screen.  Menus are super easy to navigate. It’s the gold standard for durable waterproof action cameras. The image stabilization is the best I have ever seen. It is so, so good!

My only serious complaint is with the decent, but not great image quality. I agree with some other posters that wish the highest bitrate option be at least 100mbps. “Yi 4k+ can shoot up to 135mbps bitrate and it honestly looks much better and more detailed than Hero6’s best video”.   I would very much like to get a Hero6 firmware update adding the option of 100mbps bitrate H264 and H265 for all resolutions and frame rates.

After a year, the GoPro Hero6 black is still on the top of the action camera food chain with awesome stabilization, fantastic ease of use and incredible durability.  It’s a great little camera that I use more than any of my other cameras. Please improve the max video quality of the Hero6 to the best it can be!  Please give us 100mbps bitrate H264 and/or H265 for all resolutions and frame rates. Thank you!

GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero6 100mbps bitrate H264 and H265 all resolutions and frame rates firmware update req...

Hi @superjump21757

Thank so much for your feedback.

Rest assured we'll send this to the right department. 

Best Regards,

-Jay