Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero5 black and telemetry out of sync in Quick

[ Edited ]

Daniel, I'm not sure. I'm recording on a Sandisk Extreme Pro for my Hero6 Black, which is one of the recommended cards and it still has the desync issue.

Exact card: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LRXI59Q/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hiker

Derrick, if you have another card, see if it make any difference.

The lexar I had was also on the recommended list, just 64GB istead of 128GB on Gopro's list.

https://www.amazon.com/Lexar-Professional-microSDXC-UHS-II-LSDMI128CBNL1000R/dp/B00U77V5KU

If one has to argue the difference in capacity of the same spec could cause a issue, well.

I've tried using dashware to extract the telemetry data in csv format, it's a simple 20Hz time based log of read out from every sensor. Agree to one of the earlier post made by a programmer, how hard could it be? Both telemetry and video sequences are constant interval time based data streams. 

Also amazed the issue is continuing from Hero 5, 6 and now 7.

Sightseer

Hi! 

Any update? I want to buy hero 7 black but i need it for used it like a dash cam, i need a perfect telemetry. 

Tourist

I just started using my brand new Hero 7 black on a skiing trip, and it obviously exhibit the same problem. On a longer clip (22:14, 4001MB) 1080p60, the telemetry data runs ahead and at the last 30 seconds or so freezes on the last value (both speed and heading simultaneously). Please fix the bug, the telemetry is a must-have for me. The camera is useless as a action cam without it.
GoPro

Hello @anderssjogren. We have brought the matter to the team. We do not have an update or a fix yet at this time. We will keep this thread posted once we have new information. Thanks!

Tourist

Thanks @mariustanya,

Please let me know if you need some example footage for bug tracking.

When creating a bug fix, please consider both (1) how to prevent the problem in new videos (after the patch) and (2) how to handle the problem in existing videos (e.g. some way to fix the problem in existing files).

Sightseer

[ Edited ]

So, are there any updates on fixing this problem? I tried overlaying my GPS data on a 4K 15x Hyperlapse with my GP7B today and the speed/position data is way off of sync to the video. GOPRO please fix this issue asap!!

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Yes, how difficult can it be!?

This is obviously a serious bug that affects quite a lot of people, making one of the advertised features (gps positioning) useless, and still it is neglected for years.

Step it up GoPro!

To continue selling the cameras with this known bug being known and present (thus making the feature useless) for years is nothing short of fraud... 

Please provide feedback on your plan of fixing the issue.