Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero5 black and telemetry out of sync in Quick

Hi everyone!

Please ensure that both the camera and Quik for desktop are both up to date.

If possible, kindly test the file with Quik for mobile. This is just to isolate if the issue only happens on Quik for desktop.

• Go in the Edit View and activate the "Speedometer" option

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

Both the camera and the quick desktop app are running the latest versions.   I don't do quick for mobile as I don't have the storage space on my phone.  Most phones these days don't even have a microsd slot for storing data nowdays.

GoPro

Hello @grandbeach54688,

A new version of Quik for desktop (v2.6.1) was just released. See if installing it will help clear the issue.  You can follow this link to download: https://shop.gopro.com/International/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html

Let  us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

Same issue with Hero 6 Black here, have been using the device to record karting races in the past months.

- latest camera firmware and quick desktop software (mac)

- the telemtry data tends to "get ahead" of the video timeline, no matter the video resoultion and FPS setting.

- looks like a cumulative erro, begining of the video works fine, a few minutes into it the "out of sync" issue starts to show, 10 to 15 mintes later the gap could reach 8-9 seconds. In a racing scenario, completely useless.

Tried local gopro customer service, they don't have a clear clue how and why it happens. Offered to replaced the camera but no gurantee it won't occour again.

Hero 7 is aleady around the horizon...

GoPro

Hello @daniely575

Thank you for the details that you provided. We are sending the details you provided to the team in charge. We will provide an update once we hear back from them. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Hiker

Thanks you for looking into this, appreciated!
Here's the video clip I provided for local Gopro customer service, see if it helps.
https://edelmanftp.boxcn.net/s/ghymxuv93avu44f5wc6p9ggv7w3mh0f2
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Any news with this? I have the same issue with a Hero6. Both camera and Quick (WIndows 10) are up to date.

At the beginning of the recording, video and telemetry are synced, but the telemetry gets ahead of the video throughout the recording. At 9:07 of video, the telemetry is 7 seconds ahead (.77 sec/min). At 14:41 of video, the telemetry is 14 seconds ahead (1.98 sec/min). So "de-sycing" isn't linear.

Not all videos have shown this issue, however it does appear to be the longer ones (10+ minutes) that are more prone. I have one video that is 16 minutes long where everything stays in scyn except for the speed tracker, which seems to stop logging time but not velocity at 9:44. 

GoPro

Thank you for the additional input, @derrickh30251. We will relay this to the team, too, in addition to the observations other members have shared. Please continue to watch out for updates.