Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero5 black and telemetry out of sync in Quick

I just picked up a Hero5 black and did a video timelapse drive home to test it all out.  I had GPS lock before I hit the road.

When I got home, I installed Quick on Desktop for mac and imported my videos from the Hero5.   I noticed that no matter what I do,

the telemetry overlay is completely out of sync.   I tried to cut the first few minutes out of the video, to a point where I wanted my final edit to start from, and the overlays still had the graphs and data from the original full length video.   It seems if I crop off the first bit of video in Quick, the telemetry doesn't clip as well, to start at the same point.   

I have included some screenshots of the video where I am actually stopped.   I have circled the location on the GPS map, where I am on the track, as well as the indicated speed.  Both are completely out of sync.   

Screenshot 2018-04-18 16.55.13EDIT.png
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero5 black and telemetry out of sync in Quick

Here is another spot on the drive where I am completely stopped, but yet the GPS track is way off, as is everything else.

Screenshot 2018-04-18 16.55.55EDIT.png
Tourist

Here I am at the end of the drive, again stopped.  Everything is way off.

Screenshot 2018-04-18 16.56.11EDIT.png
Tourist

Good to know that GoPro doesn't care about their customers....still no reply about this?

GoPro

Hi @grandbeach54688

Thank you sharing the information. Kindly save the video with the gauges first, then trim the videos. See if this keeps the telemetry/data in sync.

If it's still the same. please do a manual software update

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

My Hero5 has the latest firmware already installed.   I have tried to add gauges to the original video and it's the same story.  the gauges are horribly out of sync or don't move at all.

Sightseer

I have same problem. I've used the Quik on Windows and MacOS, same situation. Out of sync...

Adventurer

we need to re apply software each time to get the glitches out of the Internal memory of the camera, that is why we re set the firmware if not then we  deal wit hthe existing issues that tthe camera has.