Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero5 Session Not Actually Recording

[ New ]

I've had my GoPro for some time now and have captured plenty of videos of varying times without any problem... until this past weekend.

Camera: GoPro HERO5 Session

Card: SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB microSDXC UHS-I/U3 Card

Video: 1080 60W

Initiating recording via the single red button, the chirp sounds and the counter begins.  I stop the video via the same process.  Videos are taken all through the holiday weekend.

Upon returning home and checking the memory card, I find not a single new video.  I verify this via multiple computers and by accessing the memory card via the HERO5 USB port and by a USB-microSD card adapter.  I'm able to successfully read/write to the card from my computer.  I was able to repeat the non-recording process from home.

Next Steps:

1. Factory reset camera
  2. Format memory card using camera
  3. Attempt recording using different video settings

Any other recommendations or explanation for what could have gone wrong?  I don't use my GoPro as much as I would like.  When I do make the effort to drag it along on a trip and keep it charged through the weekend, I'd like to have the expectation that it's actually recording videos as the display indicates.

Thanks,

James

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero5 Session Not Actually Recording

[ New ]

Hi @jamesz33381,

Please try to initiate a manual firmware update. 

Here's how: https://gopro.com/help/articles/How_To/Software-Update-Instructions-for-HERO4-Session

Follow the manual update steps. 

Regards,

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero5 Session Not Actually Recording

[ New ]

Hi @jamesz33381,

Please try to initiate a manual firmware update. 

Here's how: https://gopro.com/help/articles/How_To/Software-Update-Instructions-for-HERO4-Session

Follow the manual update steps. 

Regards,

-Jay