Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero5 Session Not Actually Recording

I've had my GoPro for some time now and have captured plenty of videos of varying times without any problem... until this past weekend.

Camera: GoPro HERO5 Session

Card: SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB microSDXC UHS-I/U3 Card

Video: 1080 60W

Initiating recording via the single red button, the chirp sounds and the counter begins.  I stop the video via the same process.  Videos are taken all through the holiday weekend.

Upon returning home and checking the memory card, I find not a single new video.  I verify this via multiple computers and by accessing the memory card via the HERO5 USB port and by a USB-microSD card adapter.  I'm able to successfully read/write to the card from my computer.  I was able to repeat the non-recording process from home.

Next Steps:

1. Factory reset camera
  2. Format memory card using camera
  3. Attempt recording using different video settings

Any other recommendations or explanation for what could have gone wrong?  I don't use my GoPro as much as I would like.  When I do make the effort to drag it along on a trip and keep it charged through the weekend, I'd like to have the expectation that it's actually recording videos as the display indicates.

Thanks,

James

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero5 Session Not Actually Recording

Hi @jamesz33381,

Please try to initiate a manual firmware update. 

Here's how: https://gopro.com/help/articles/How_To/Software-Update-Instructions-for-HERO4-Session

Follow the manual update steps. 

Regards,

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero5 Session Not Actually Recording

Hi @jamesz33381,

Please try to initiate a manual firmware update. 

Here's how: https://gopro.com/help/articles/How_To/Software-Update-Instructions-for-HERO4-Session

Follow the manual update steps. 

Regards,

-Jay