Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero4 not loading all of photos in app

Hello, we have a GoPro Hero4. We are on vacation and took a lot of pictures today. When we came back and tried to download them to the app, it won’t load any of our photos from today. It will only load media from prior trips.

We are able to see all the photos we took today on the GoPro playback. We can still control the GoPro camera through the app so the connection is fine. We took a picture using the app as well as the GoPro once we realized nothing was loading, and both of those pictures appeared in the media section of the app. We uninstalled/reinstalled the app and power cycled the GoPro. We reviewed all the loaded photos to make sure the dates didn’t get mixed up, but our photos from earlier today are nowhere to be found. We are using the app with both an iPhone X sad 11pro. Could you provided any help? We’ve spent hours trying to get it to work. We have no computer but don’t want to keep taking pictures with tho GoPro if there is a problem.

Thank you!
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero4 not loading all of photos in app

@fleetvista01028, sorry to hear about the trouble. Since the media files are available in the in-camera playback, something between the file transfer and the GoPro App can be causing the issue.

• Browse through the GoPro App's media list and see if the recent media files are just dated incorrectly.
  • If so, is your GoPro camera's date setup correctly?
  • In the GoPro App's media tab, tap on the arrows icon at the top-left corner of the screen and select to sort the files by "Download Date." Are you able to see the contents you've recently downloaded?
Tourist

@aenriquez thank you for taking time to look at my question. We had looked at the date on the GoPro before, and everything is appropriately dated. But as we are reviewing, it appears that only about 40 of a couple hundred pictures are downloading from various dates throughout the year. The app is also asking us to pair the GoPro and app every time we leave it alone for more than a few hours. Maybe that is normal, but so far we still can’t load any of the earlier pictures. Only pictures taken when the GoPro and app are both running. Thanks for your help, I think we will have to set the GoPro down for the rest of vacation because we can’t figure it out and don’t have our computer to sync with. Thanks anyway!
GoPro

Hi @fleetvista01028

When you get a chance, try checking the contents of an SD card using a computer.

You may also test this if you have a phone which has an SD card slot.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Hi there,
I am too having this problem with my GoPro hero 4.
I have been meticulously reading through this forum for the last couple of days with no success.
The photos taken show in playback however do not appear in the app.
I have re-installed the app, checked on my computer with the SD card, checked the date multiple times and alas still am unable to download my pictures off my gopro.
Please help.
I’ve literally done everything that has been suggested to multiple people.
Thankyou.
Kate.
GoPro

Hi @klmgopro

Were you not able to download the files on the computer?

We have recently released an update for the GoPro app both on Android and iOS.Please make sure to restart your phone before pairing it with the camera again.Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Same here with my gopro4! I have done it all and only my old files are showing up when I bring up the media in the app.
GoPro

Hi @shareen

If you have tried the steps suggested above and it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through
https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej