Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero4 Black Password

So I bought a hero4 black and rest the camera. When I try to add the camera to my phone it would ask for a password. When I would add the old password for the camera it would say it was incorrect. I've looked up videos and can find nothing.
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero4 Black Password

Hi @snowystar6551,

Please try to reset connection on settings of your camera. 

Try to delete the bluetooth device ID on your phone.

Remove the GoPro's Wi-Fi SSID or Wi-Fi name on your phone.

After that delete the existing camera on your phone and add a new camera. 

Your phone should ask you to create a new password. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

Hey guys,

Same problem as @snowystar6551

Did everything: software update, deleting everything from the phone, app, etc.

Didn't work at all...

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @vladxc,

I would suggest to contact our customer support team or download and install new update.

Here's how: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

I have the latest firmware on the camera and the latest app update.

I tried to contact the customer support and... surprise: Chat is currently unavailable for you.

GoPro

Hello @vladxc

Sorry to hear about the trouble. If you have already reset the camera's Wi-Fi name and password, and forgotten the GoPro network from your phone's Wi-Fi settings, and deleted it from the GoPro App and your phone's Bluetooth devices, try pairing again and use the default password goprohero 

Let us know how it works out. 

@snowystar6551, Please try the same steps. We would love to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

Hello @mariustanya

I have reseted the Wi-fi directly on camera.

Then I have removed from the phone's wi-fi. It wasn't paired with BT so far (but I've noticed that I can't do that either).

I tried with "goprohero" as passowrd but it tells me that:

"The camera password is incorrect. You may have set or changed it from another device.Please enter password for GP256..."

after I have entered "goprohero" it was telling me: "password can not be "goprohero", it needs to have a special caracter and a number" or something similar if I remember correctly.

To be honest right now I am out of options.

Adventurer

I have a hero 4  black.  I would factory resetyour camera wipes it all clean.  I go int othegopro app  I  edit the camera and delete it, that wipes the camera off the app.  I go into  the settings and bluetooth and  forget any gopro device.  I not worry about wireless connection because your qifi is off, but for the hell of it turn it on.  and forget my device then it will ask you for a password the next  opening of wifi.

no one says you are to manyally re load firmware   so that said lets give this a try/