Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero+ got water inside. Everything except the battery works.

Hey, 

So, My Hero+ somehow got water damage even though it had water case on it. I let it dry and the camera actually works still... except for the battery. It wont charge. I took it apart and everything seemed dry like no water ever got in, but im guessing that whatever did was enough.   When i have it plugged in, the camera still records and the tiny screen still works, etc. Any ideas? It has been a few days since it happened. Maybe I need to replace the battery?

Thanks,

Josh

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero+ got water inside. Everything except the battery works.

Hi @joshj27,

I am sorry to hear about the water damage. It is not something that would be covered under warranty but I would recommend contacting support directly to see if there is anything that they can do. It is also a bit tricky because the battery is built in to the camera. Hope that helps! https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @joshj27,

I am sorry to hear about the water damage. It is not something that would be covered under warranty but I would recommend contacting support directly to see if there is anything that they can do. It is also a bit tricky because the battery is built in to the camera. Hope that helps! https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Best,

Ryan

Tourist

Hey, Thanks for the reply. However I have tried contacting support, but every time it just gives me a message saying that support is busy and try again. So i came here.  the goPro is out of warranty anyways, which is also why i took apart the gopro like I mentioned. I took out the battery to try and see if it would clear any errors or such out with no luck. So i could replace it if it seems like the fix. Otherwise I didn't plan to buy a new gopro at $500 especially when waterproof doesnt mean waterproof (it was just heavy rain on my motorcycle). 

Thanks,

Josh

GoPro

Hi @joshj27,

Support is experiencing high volumes, but once you get through they may be able to help you out!

Best,

Ryan