Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero Session

So, I got a GoPro hero session from Target yesterday, which is the February 24th, the day before my 14th birthday. I went to a beach in Florida, took about 300 photos and 10 videos on a 32 gig micro SD card. I accidentally deleted the photos, so I went today, on my birthday, to retake photos lost. I went to the ocean, camera was fine. Then, I jumped into a shallow pool, the camera said no SD card. I jumped out, dried myself and the camera, and looked at the panel with the micro SD slot and micro USB port. Water had taken it's toll inside. My SD card eroded so badly the pins might have been washed off, and the charger port is not working. Also, this water is causing the camera to lag. What do I do? This waterproof camera isn't as water proof as I thought. Rip my birthday and beach time.
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero Session

How does it break first day?
Highlighted
Tourist

And yes, I tried re-insertion of the SD card
Highlighted
Tourist

No support, and I don't even know if Target will take the camera back.
Highlighted
Tourist

Rip
Highlighted
Tourist

The door was sealed, but the latch was acting weird. I got it yesterday
Highlighted
Explorer

Instead of just complaining and highjacking other post, have you tried contacting GoPro or just exchanging the camera at Target?
Highlighted
Explorer

BTW, "acting weird" is not very descriptive.

Also, if water got in the day before, it's very unlikely that:
1) you were able to charge the camera without opening the media door (where you should have been able to see water)
2) Your SD card would erode that quickly
3) How did you "accidently" delete 300 photos?
4) You didn't download the 10 video files to your computer when you got home the previous day? If you did, see #1

If in fact there is a manufacturer error with your Session media door (which is rarely, if ever, reported issue), then GoPro will exchange the camera under warranty.