Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero Session 5

[ New ]

Bought my Gopro Hero Session 5 about 8 months ago at an airport in one of my business trips.  Charged it before a beach trip and once I got to the beach the GoPro didnt turn on.  Since then, the Gopro doesnt charge, doesnt turn on, doesnt connect with my laptop either.  I live in Panama and dont know where to take the Gopro.  Does Gopro have a customer service email so I can get directly in touch with them?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero Session 5

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @skafati. The power issue in the camera is correlated to either the charging fault, USB-C cable, battery problem, or the camera itself. Here are some troubleshooting suggestions that will help resolve this issue: https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/HERO5-Session-Will-Not-Power-On

If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

[ New ]
you can set up a chat or phone call using this page https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Adventurer

[ New ]

Since the camera was bought months ago, you are only under a warranty repair,, they will replace the camera as long as you have your paperwork in hand, you can  call  or chat with gopro. 

You can try a 30 second back mode button press, see if the camera wakes up, I tehn charge  it I check it after 15 plus minutes and again try a 30 second back mode press..  feel the camera is it warm that is a sign it is accepting the port usb cable.  I call gopro and  get an RMA. a replacement.  you cancheck out hte photo  shows what to do, good luck

FISH 

01.png

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hi, can’t get an answer from them.... Does GoPro have a direct customer service email?
Sightseer

[ New ]
Thanks for the advice, but it didn’t work. The camera doesn’t seem to be getting any charge at all and doesn’t even get warm.
Adventurer

[ New ]

Yes GoPro has an email,  the name and gopro.com, they desabled email   to the public.  In order to  email you must  create a case number with a rep.

Adventurer

[ New ]

I press on the back mode 30 plus, and see if it awakes the camera if I  did not say that, if it is still cold and cables and chargers changed the nteh camera is  faulty.

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @skafati. The power issue in the camera is correlated to either the charging fault, USB-C cable, battery problem, or the camera itself. Here are some troubleshooting suggestions that will help resolve this issue: https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/HERO5-Session-Will-Not-Power-On

If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat