Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero Black 7 keeps switching modes and adding highlights

Hi, 

The GoPro Hero Black 7 keeps switching modes when I stop a video recording and it keeps adding highlghts when I'm recording. The issue just started today, never had this kind of issue before. 

I've resetted the camera to default and orginal and I've manually updated the camera via SD-card. None helped. 

Any ideas how this can be solved, I've seen more people with the same issue.

Thansk in advance,

Wim

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero Black 7 keeps switching modes and adding highlights

Thank you, @adeptriver736. Our Support team will be able to help further troubleshoot the issue. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. 

Once connected, you may direct Support to this thread for reference on what you have already tried out. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @adeptriver736. It sounds like the Mode button is being pressed in such situations. By any chance, are you using the camera with a Protective Housing or frame? Do you get the same results without the housing/frame attached?

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Aenriquez,

I use it indeed with the GoPro housing when recording. But I've also tried without the casing and the same issue happens. 

The added highlights only happens while recording and the switching modes (2/3 times) only happens after I stop recording. All other moments the GoPro works fine. So it won't switch modes when the camera is on and doing nothing. 

Thanks in advance, 

Wim

Highlighted
GoPro

This is odd, @adeptriver736. Without physical contact with the camera, the only other way to control the camera (as in changing the mode or adding Hilights) is remotely through either the GoPro App or the Smart Remote. Will you be able to send us a clip showing the issue that you observed? Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Mariustanya, 

Ofcourse, I've added the clip in the attachment. As you can see only thing I do is clicking on the record button to begin the recording and a second click to stop it. 

As you can see the highlights keeps adding in the same timeframe and after the recording stop it switches modes. Sometimes it switch 2 times and ends up in timewarp mode, in the clip it switches 3 times and ends up back in video recording.

Thanks in advance, 

Wim

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you, @adeptriver736. Our Support team will be able to help further troubleshoot the issue. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. 

Once connected, you may direct Support to this thread for reference on what you have already tried out. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Mariustanya, 

Thanks, I'll try to contact the support chat and direct them to this thread. 

Thanks in advance,

Wim