Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero Black 7 deleted my files while viewing them

[ New ]

I was reviewing my videos on the camera and after I pressed pause, the camera by itself opened the "Delete files" window and automatically pressed the delete button, and so deleting my video. The same thing happend the next time I was reviewing another video. 

Another problem is if I am changing settings in the Protune window, the camera sometimes automatically opens different windows and selects settings without my touching the screen.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero Black 7 deleted my files while viewing them

[ New ]

This is odd, @sunnyflash50010. Is your display screen/ rear screen covered by any protective film? If you haven't yet, try doing a manual update. This is useful in getting rid of any possible issues with the current installation. Do this even if the camera may already have the latest firmware. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. 

It is important that the camera uses a recommended card. Format the card prior to saving the update folder. Make sure to save all the SD card contents first. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero Black 7 deleted my files while viewing them

[ New ]

This is odd, @sunnyflash50010. Is your display screen/ rear screen covered by any protective film? If you haven't yet, try doing a manual update. This is useful in getting rid of any possible issues with the current installation. Do this even if the camera may already have the latest firmware. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. 

It is important that the camera uses a recommended card. Format the card prior to saving the update folder. Make sure to save all the SD card contents first. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!