Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 9 connecting to Zhiyun Crane M2

[ New ]

Has anyone been able to connect a Hero 9 to the Zhiyun Crane M2 gimbal?

Backpacker

Re: GoPro Hero 9 connecting to Zhiyun Crane M2

[ New ]

According to the manufacturers website, it only supports the GoPro 5, 6, and 7.  For further assistance you will need to contact the manufacturer directs as this is a product not created or supported by GoPro.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I can connect but it wont hold connection

Tourist

[ New ]

yes i did, connect your GoPro with the GoPro App on your smartphone, select look to the medium, WiFi will be establish between your APP and GoPro. Don´t close it!

Open Zy PLAY App and follow the instructions. After connections with your M2 gimbal select device typ camera. At the given screen actived WiFi, then a WiFi list will open and you will find the name of your GoPro Hero 9. Connect each other and it works togehter with your gimbal.

Unfortunaly the GoPro Hero 9 software doesn´t give the possibility to establish WiFi by the camera itself, so you need the cumbersone procedure with the GoPro App.

For the future I would appreciate a software update by GoPro, even if the GoPro Hero 9 has its own new image stabilizer and horizon match, the Zhiyun Crane M2 gimbal is the perfect amendment for the GoPro Hero 9.

Happy New Year to all

Tourist

[ New ]
I have actually been looking into potentially buying the crane m2 to use with my hero 9, found it for just under 160€ on gearbest shipping from Germany which sounds quite good to me as I'm from the Netherlands.
However do you know if all the controls work from the gimbal with the hero 9? Like start stop record and all that.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Hey! I followed the same steps. When trying to search GoPro WiFi from the app it is not able to find that
Tourist

[ New ]

Well, I haven´t any problems to connect each other. I renamed my GoPro, remeber the password, to make it easier to find it at the WiFi. Connect your GoPro via GoPro App with your smartphone (blue tooth), select watch media(WiFi), leave this setting running. Then try to cennect with the ZY PLAY App, follow the instructions und you will see your GoPro at the WiFi net for connection.

Tourist

[ New ]

So I got my Crane M2 in the mail today, awesome gimball so far but when I open the Gopro app and go back to the Zhiyun app let it search for Wifi I dont seem to find the Gopro wifi name, I thought maybe try connecting secondary phone to Gopro as whenever I got back to the Gopro app it reconnects, but even then same thing while I can see the Wifi on phone itself.

I havent tried to update the firmware of my Crane M2 and Gopro is on latest available firmware version HD9.01.01.50.00 for my Hero 9 and Crane M2 is at firmware version V2.02.

Any suggestions?

Tourist

[ New ]

Ok so I figured out why it wouldnt connect, turns out if you leave the wifi on 5ghz it wont work, change it to 2,4ghz and you can connect.

You will need to change this on gopro itself

Tourist

[ New ]

My fault, i forgott to mention to use 2,4 GHz WiFi! 

Tourist

ZY Play dont hold bluetooth conection

[ New ]

This is not a problem with GoPro cameras, I know.

My GoPro 7 Black connects easily with GoPro App.

The problem is the bluetooth conection between ZY Play and the gimbals.

I found complaints blaming Samsung family 10 cellphones, later I found complaints about iPhone too.

None solution so far.

So, dont believe in those Zhiyun Gimbals friendly reviews that social media promotes priority.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Does this work for the GoPro Max? 

I get to the WiFi setup on the ZY Play App, I see many WiFi connection options, but not my Max. 

Are they compatible? 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Não consta com a gopro 9?
Sightseer

[ New ]

Of all the answers in this thread, this one helped me solve the problem of not seeing the GoPro in the ZY Play app, thank you. Very important to follow all the steps, especially the 'watch (view) media' part, this made all the difference for me.

@joachimh6102 wrote:

Well, I haven´t any problems to connect each other. I renamed my GoPro, remeber the password, to make it easier to find it at the WiFi. Connect your GoPro via GoPro App with your smartphone (blue tooth), select watch media(WiFi), leave this setting running. Then try to cennect with the ZY PLAY App, follow the instructions und you will see your GoPro at the WiFi net for connection.

Tourist

[ New ]

Despite all the advice on this site, I still cannot get my Zhiyun M2 Crane and my GoPro 9 to connect. Simply put, the ZY App does not see the GoPro, even with the Quick App on.  Anyone else have ideas?

Tourist

[ New ]

change the widi band for 2.4hz on the camera...
I changed it and I can see the netwrok, but I still can't connect

Tourist

[ New ]

Same issue here.  I can see the GoPro Hero 9, but always get connection error and never connects via wi-fi.   Probably going to see about sending the Gimbal back.

Tourist

[ New ]
Yeah, it is such a good combination... it would be great to ne a ler to use the gimbal full capabilities
Hiker

[ New ]

I just purchased my GoPro Hero 9 Black a few days ago and I am awaiting it in the mail. I was planning to get this Zhiyun Crane M2 in the near future, but I want to know if Zhiyun works with the GoPro software so it can do face detection yet? Or if they ever plan to in the near future. The answer may possibly steer me in the direction of purchasing this immediately because I have a few uses for it that I'm thinking of. Ihave searched across the internet for hours and since I didn't find a definitive answer, I've decided to post my question here.

Thank you for hearing me out. 😎

Tourist

[ New ]
I pretty much wasted my money on the Crane. It does not work seamlessly with the GoPro 9 but is ok with older models. The software needs to get better, or at least catch up. I have to say that right now there is no good gimbal for the 9.
Hiker

[ New ]

I just bought the crane 2 because it has object tracking. I think I have two issues right now. One, I feel like I bought something too big for the job I wanted to do. Sort of like having a lamborghini with no driver's license. And two, I'm sure that I have a spending addiction.