Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 9 V1.5.0 update still did not fix the GPS issue

[ New ]

My GoPro Hero 9 had the GPS issue since day 1.  But I saw that GoPro is working on it, so I left the Hero 9 on my shelf for a while.  I recently saw the firmware update V1.5.0 and it says improvement of GPS lock and accuracy.  But I am still experiencing the same GPS issue. No GPS data in Quik and when I try GoPro GPS Quick Fix on my video file the GPS was way off.  Saying I'm going 532mph while walking lol.

Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 9 V1.5.0 update still did not fix the GPS issue

[ New ]

Quik is unsupported discontinued outdated software that hasn't been updated in over 2 years.  The last camera it fully supported was the GoPro Hero 7.  Quik will not work with the GoPro HEro 8 and will not work with the GoPro Hero 9.

I made a video that explains GPS issues and what your options are and you can watch it here:

Tourist

[ New ]
So I did try to use the GPS fix and tried with the GoPro app on my phone, it didn't really help in any way. But at the time of me testing it I do have the media mod on it. I'll try again with it unattached.
Tourist

[ New ]
So I did try to use the GPS fix and tried with the GoPro app on my phone, it didn't really help in any way. But at the time of me testing it I do have the media mod on it. I'll try again with it unattached.