Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro Hero 9 Turning on by Itself

I'd recommend requesting a call back then. Once you're in the queue for a call back, you will get a call as soon as we can get to you.

Highlighted
Nomad

From what others have said here, even after 5 hours no call back.

I cant hang around just waiting for a call.

I will try chat again tommorw but my past experience of online support is not great as they follow a script whch experienced users all know.

Also they do not see what is happening on the forum and are out of the loop of problems, so everything is new to them, when in reality they should be in the loop. Its a shame GP do not spend more time testing the hardware / firmware before releasing product. I am sure that most problems will be sorted in due corse but each year we have the same pain barrier to go through.

Highlighted
Tourist

I hope they fix this quick or it goes back to gopro and I look for another solution to shoot our familys mountainbiking.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm having the same issue with GoPro Hero 9

DATE OF PURCHASE

9/16/2020

Pretty wild to have a device just randomly turn on.  I'll try the steps earlier in the thread to troubleshoot. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Purchased mine today, did firmware upgrade.
Having same issue
Highlighted
Sightseer

There's definitely a software glitch.
When I purchased mine new today it had 16% on the battery, after full charge the battery jumps from 99% to 88% and then up too 99%.
I've not yet recorded with it so unaware of other issues.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Well, after a week of fighting with the camera, and customer support, both here in Spain and in the US, I have decided that I do not want a GoPro. I manually updated, updated through WIFI, rebooted, drained the battery and did everything. And still, the camera would turn on on its own. And then, I got an email from Customer Service stating that they had identified my problem, and that it would be resolved by.....updating the firmare manually. 

So, sorry guys, I have gone back to my reliable DJI Osmo Action, which by the way, is awesome

Highlighted
Hiker

I won't be back for a GP10.

I also use the Osmo, which although it isn't quite as 'flashy' as the goPro in terms of features, it does the basic camera work properly. I'm hoping that a V2 appears sometime soon!!