Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 9 Scheduled Capture Issues

[ New ]

Tested two times with new firmware. Video 4K 30, both time recording starts, but low battery stopped after about five minutes. Both times tested with fully loaded battery, set time and duration and power off and leve it in place. Both times about 2-3 degrees celcius on place. So this function only usable with extra powersource? It needen to leave the door open, not a good solution. After firmware update, the touchscreen seems to be sluggish and not very responsive again. Do they have any quality control and testing with firmwares in Gopro? I'm not satisfyed. I'll keep on testing...

Hiker

[ New ]

Well I started this post, and can confirm that it is working now. First time tried it after 1.5 update. Did not work I think was user mistake. I hit off on the scheduling time am/pm/off.  

I tried it this morning for sunrise. Set it last night at 11pm for a 6:30am start 2 hrs duration, video 4K, 10 seconds. 100% battery

It started and recoded, and shut down after 2 hrs. 30% battery remaining. 

Thanks guys for this extensive long 14 plus page post.

Tourist

[ New ]

Continued scheduled capture testing. 4K 30 linerar, set the duration 2 hours, full battery, formatted card (worked fine all the time so far). Scheduled capture started 4 am, still recording, when I checked it 5:30 am, stopped with battery drain before 6 am. When I transfer the files, only first about 5 minutes is on the card, second fie about one second. Thats all. I think it did same in last test. So battery worked as far there is power, but files are not recorded.