Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 9 Scheduled Capture Issues

[ New ]

No date given. It will be December sometime GoPro said. If I had to guess. It be before Christmas. So when all those Hero 9 wake up on Christmas, they have a update to do. Otherwise going be more pissed off people returning there new hero 9 after Christmas.  My guess. 

Hiker

[ New ]

it will happen in december - no other info.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Desember patch is scheduled for 16th. Schedule is on the firware page.

Tourist

[ New ]

Tourist

[ New ]
Same issue I’m having scheduled capture doesn’t work. I’ve also turned the auto off settings to never a d did a hard reset. It dint work.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Sorry, the firmware update is scheduled for December 17 at 9am EST / 2pm GMT. Until then the timer does not work.

Tourist

[ New ]

Wow, this is just lousy for a brand this big. Not like they don't have a developer's budget or something.

It's just drop-dead dumb that they're at version 9 hardware, and then release/sell it while it's not even working!

If they already know, they should mention this on the box, or at the very least on their ordering page.

The way they now sell their unfinished crappy product, it's just criminal, a scam, really.

I'm going to return my Hero 9. This is way beyond proper hardware for 2020. Truly pathetic.

Sorry I didn't buy the Insta X2 or DJI Osmo. They know how touch-screens should work.

Hiker

[ New ]

i know the feeling received my 9 early oct and reverted back to the 7 ever since. nothing worked on the big pig and was a big step backwards with no remote support and all our existing accessories are dust

champagne marketing with a beer budget product thats watered down

Sightseer

[ New ]

Firmware 1.5 is awailable now. I will test the scheduler during this weekend. Hope it works now. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Many thanks... fingers crossed!

@freebirddude wrote:

Firmware 1.5 is awailable now. I will test the scheduler during this weekend. Hope it works now. 

Nomad

[ New ]

Have had mixed results.  

Set a scheduled capture last night for this morning.  All the corects beeps etc. this morning, then a beep after 15 minutes, but nothing recorded.

If set for only a short time in tghe future, it doies work, but more testing required.

Nomad

[ New ]

i've just done a manual update, reset the camera, formated the SD (what came with the H9), synced time with my phone....... can't beleive you have to do this every time to ensure reliability.......:S - this is what i experienced with Chingwah crap that saw the bottom the e-waste bin years ago

charging the H9 now, expecting it to be fully charged in 1hr (at 89% now);  will set a scheduled capture for 5am;  10hrs from now (timelapse 5s for 2hrs) for a sunrise with a storm coming.

time will tell. and will report and upload the results if any - don't have high hopes

Nomad

[ New ]

Just carried out a second test.  Set a schedule at 10am for a 12pm start.

GoPro powered on at 12pm, beeped, and recording not started.

So better in that it doesn't drain the battery, but absoluetly useless if recording doesn't start.

I had manually updated to v1.50 and performed a full factory reset.

Nomad

[ New ]

Carrying out a timelapse test at 2pm, not holding out much hope.

Last test was standard video recording.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I've had a succesful result!

I scheduled a NightLapse video timelapse around 11pm to start shooting at 7am.

Narrow lens, 10 second interval, 3 hour duration.

I didn't hit record, just let the camera power off by itself hoping it would record.

I checked it this morning and the battery was fully dead but it did have a 25 second long timelapse video on the card.

Tourist

[ New ]

Tourist

[ New ]
アップデートしたら、うまく出来ました。
朝6時から7時まで、ナイトラプス
Hiker

[ New ]

If you got it to work, how did you update your GP?  Via app, manual, manual with a factory reset? 

It's so strange that we have to jump through these hoops.  Why would to tell your customers as you power via the app to update your GP when they know some of the updates may not work.  

So is the answer: pull the battery, factory reset, stand on your head, update the app with a sony card only, set the scheduled capture DO NOT POWER OFF with the button allow the GP to go to sleep on its own.  Then do not disturb it in any way.  Then it will drain your battery for a short timelapse if you're lucky.  

I am being funny but the YouTube review is coming....

Hiker

[ New ]

Well...after all this time...mine worked...precisely as scheduled. 

I updated via app, scheduled at 8pm yesterday for a 5:30 am start. 2 hour duration. Did exactly what I set.

Sightseer

[ New ]
I updated via the app, then set it up as outlined above. Will be trying again tomorrow!
Nomad

[ New ]

My test also confirms timelapse/nightlapse works, but cannot get it to work with a regular video resording session.

Tourist

[ New ]

Time Lapse Scheduled Capture worked great, 7am-9am. Note the Start time clears but the duration remains. 

Backpacker

[ New ]

@quicksummi32781 wrote:

Time Lapse Scheduled Capture worked great, 7am-9am. Note the Start time clears but the duration remains. 

hi,

same here.

last evening @22:00 I scheduled a  night lapse for 5:41 for duration 1 h.

all ok, recording done.

and yes the duration for night lapse remains.

I just hope this schedule is solved.

have a good one,

robert

Nomad

[ New ]

Success!! 

Manually updated the GoPro yesterday, set a scheduled capture in Night Timelapse mode from around 11pm for 5:20 am and it captured a lovely sunrise. Very happy!

Highlighted
Nomad

[ New ]

Woohoo can confirm scheduled capture works. set a 10hr delayed 5sec timelapse for 2 hrs. worked a charm with 40% left in the tank

thanks Gopro for fixing it

now please enable the new remote to work on the 7 or the old remote to work on the 9 and i'll be a happy camper

Tourist

[ New ]

Finally :) after update to 1.5 I can confirm, works for me :D

Tourist

[ New ]

3 Trys and 3 successes.  Smiley Happy 

Hiker

[ New ]
I tried last night. I thought set it right. I got nothing. Same issue.

But it may be user error. I tried video time lapse for 6:30am and 2 hour duration 10 seconds.

But I may have selected off/am/pm scroll to off by accident. So will see tonight.
Tourist

[ New ]

Tested two times with new firmware. Video 4K 30, both time recording starts, but low battery stopped after about five minutes. Both times tested with fully loaded battery, set time and duration and power off and leve it in place. Both times about 2-3 degrees celcius on place. So this function only usable with extra powersource? It needen to leave the door open, not a good solution. After firmware update, the touchscreen seems to be sluggish and not very responsive again. Do they have any quality control and testing with firmwares in Gopro? I'm not satisfyed. I'll keep on testing...

Hiker

[ New ]

Well I started this post, and can confirm that it is working now. First time tried it after 1.5 update. Did not work I think was user mistake. I hit off on the scheduling time am/pm/off.  

I tried it this morning for sunrise. Set it last night at 11pm for a 6:30am start 2 hrs duration, video 4K, 10 seconds. 100% battery

It started and recoded, and shut down after 2 hrs. 30% battery remaining. 

Thanks guys for this extensive long 14 plus page post.

Tourist

[ New ]

Continued scheduled capture testing. 4K 30 linerar, set the duration 2 hours, full battery, formatted card (worked fine all the time so far). Scheduled capture started 4 am, still recording, when I checked it 5:30 am, stopped with battery drain before 6 am. When I transfer the files, only first about 5 minutes is on the card, second fie about one second. Thats all. I think it did same in last test. So battery worked as far there is power, but files are not recorded.