Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 9 Scheduled Capture Issues

[ New ]

I hope it works for you.  I am going to try again tonight.

Hiker

[ New ]
Unfortunately appears the same old issue. After setting it up via the app with a delay of multiple hours (overnight), nothing recorded and a flat battery
Was hopeful, but alas no luck
Pity that we now have to wait until Dec for a fix. Wish the team would bring out incremental fixes, rather trying to get this entire mess working in one update.
Tourist

[ New ]

Unfortianatly I had the same results overnight.  I was very hopeful after it worked the first time I tried it.  One odd item for me is that on previous attempts, I did not have a dead battery, but on this attempt, I did have a dead battery.  Strange.  It really does suck though, as this is the No. 1 reason that I baught the hero 9.

Tourist

[ New ]

v1.5 Firmware Release: 
Heads Up: This firmware update is now slated for December. Why? The more we test HERO9 Black in the field and the more feedback we receive from users, the more we identify little upgrades that will have huge impacts on the user experience. In order to provide the best experience, we are holding this firmware update to include as many improvements as possible, which includes:

• Wireless Offload – Up to 20% faster wireless offloads to the GoPro app.
  • HyperSmooth 3.0 – We’re improving HyperSmooth performance even more in colder temperatures. 
  • Slo-Mo Shortcut  Introducing a new slo-mo shortcut option for rear display.
  • Live Streaming with the Max Lens Mod – Support to bring ultra-wide 155° Max SuperView perspective and powerful in-camera horizon lock to live streaming when using Max Lens Mod.
  • GPS Improvements – Improved GPS lock and accuracy.
  • External Mic –  Connectivity enabled for the 3.5mm Mic Adapter.
  • Scheduled Capture – Bug fixes to improve start/stop time precision.
Hiker

[ New ]

'improve start/stop time precision' is a pretty interesting way to state the problem!!!

;) hope it works! 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Precision assumes something works imprecisely. This simply doesn't work.
Tourist

[ New ]

I have had an opposite issue and I do not know if it is because of the more recent update. When I am at 100% I set up the capture for 6.30 am. When I woke up the next day the battery was dead, I did have a time-lapse of the dead of night and NOT the early morning sunrise. Got another battery in and watched the camera. Settings I have tried are both time-lapse in video and time-lapse photos. Once I see the time at the top of the screen that it is scheduled and it is confirmed if I want to adjust the time (or continue with the time set menu screen) I have used both the adjust and continue options and the camera now just starts to take the pictures or video, ignoring the capture start time. 

My GoPro is the new hero 9 black, Version 1.22

Sightseer

[ New ]
Seriously, y'all are awesome for putting all this out there. Just had my first run in with this bug last night thought I'd messed up my settings. Appreciate all this info!