Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 9 Scheduled Capture Issues

[ New ]
Sadly I returned mine because I think it has heat issue with hardware problems causing screen flicker... I will buy it again when it's more mature and fixed
Tourist

[ New ]
Seems to be working now.
Tourist

[ New ]

Updated the firmware. Scheduled Capture not workingin my Gopro9, tested now many times. Only drains the battery. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I tried it last night and it did work after I installed the Oct. 20 firmware update.  Yay!!!  Also the touchscreen is much more responsive.

I hope it isn't a fluke as I see some people in the comments are saying it didn't work for them.  Also there was no mention of it in the release notes for the update.  I'll try again tonight.

Hiker

[ New ]

What configuration did you use? I used NightLapse auto 15 sec exposure set for shoot at 3AM (did this process at 12AM) and did not fire. 1.22 FW.

Hiker

[ New ]

10/21/2020

Schedualed Test Time Lapse Capture Video

Start 6:30am PCT

10 Second Intervel

No Time Limit to turn off

Result: Camera Turned on and did not record any media to SD card. Battery went from 86% to 39%.

Conculsion: POS firmware update 1.22 did not address the issue, was not listed in the release notes as well. The last release was 1 month and 4 days. So I guess in another Month and 4 days see an update.

I guess they dont want sell a lot of these for Christmas as they dont work right.

No comments from any GOPro Reps wether issue is still being addressed or was addressed and did not work. Its like a Biden Hunter cover up, just dont talk about it.

Hiker

[ New ]

so dumb!!!!!

i did notice that @GoPro stopped mentioning this feature in all press...good thing that's the only reason i purchased it (and also good thing i kept my 8 where this feature STILL wolrs perfectly in labs.... so it really cannot be that hard for them to fix right? ) 

Tourist

[ New ]

I did a video timelapse of .05 fps.  I set the timer at 9:00pm the night before to go off at 6:30am for two hours to capture the sunrise.  It worked fine and actually before the firmware update it never worked.  I tried four seperate times.  It would only work if I set it for 1-2 hours ahead but never overnight.  I was happy about it working but also suprised since it wasn't mentioned as a fix in the release notes.  How hard could it be to get a timer to work on this thing?  I was suprised it didn't work right out of the box.  Same thing with the touchscreen.  There has been a big improvement with the touchscreen after the update.  Why was it released like that though?  It's not like it's new technology and they needed to perfect it.  It is hardly any different than the Hero 8 which has been out over a year.