Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 9 Scheduled Capture Issues

[ New ]

I can replicate the same issues that others have described here so I layered on the confirming the day switch over by running;

10 am this morning

1. Video mode - set to scheduled start 14:00 - Duration set to 30 seconds
  2. Plugged into charger
  3. Switched off

14:15 (now)

1. GoPro was still switched on (15 min power off)
  2. Nothing had recorded
  3. Scheduled start setting has cleared
  4. Duration still set to 30 second

IMG_0069.jpeg

Previous tests were with Timelapse mode and Night Timelapse mode.

Video mode worked numerous times when set to start within the same hour as being set, i.e. in 5 mins time, in 10 mins time etc.

So;

• Still powering up at the scheduled time
  • Not starting set mode, regardless of mode tested
  • Crossing midnight is not a factor that seems to impact the result
Hiker

[ New ]
I am glad someone else is nerding out with me on this lol
Tourist

[ New ]
I guess my question is is this issue a problem with everyone who has a Gopro 9 or is it just a select few like us? It seems like there would be more people complaining about it if it happened to everyone since this is a relatively big feature of the Gopro 9. What do you all think?
Hiker

[ New ]
I think it is a firmware issue, now I can only assume that not everyone with the new hero 9 is testing out nightlapse captures with a schedule. Most people kinda just point and shoot videos with it. I did see some big YouTube reviews that said had same issue on scheduled captured. And obviously most people on this thread is experiencing the same thing so No its not an isolated incident, but rather I think it's lack of user same size with this functionality.
Tourist

[ New ]

Same issue here. If timer is set near the ongoing time, it works, if more than few hours after, it won't work. Probably same issue in all gopro 9:s so it's a firmware issue. Hoping for issue solved soon. Been so frustrated to miss many good opportunities.

O97A9344-2.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]
I set mine at 02:00 to fire at 07:22.... still didn’t work. 100% battery down to 88 and no footage.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Chiming in here that I have the exact same issue. Have tried many different setups and parameters over about 7 different nights and none have worked so far lol.

Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem here. I did a lot of tests about the Scheduled Capture function.

1. Set scheduled capture in an hour, works very well (tried 10 times).

2. Set scheduled capture in two hours, gopro9 would turn on automatically. Sometimes it counts 3 seconds then start recording (good). BUT, sometimes the GoPro just turn on automatically, then do nothing (this is why you guys' GoPro did not record, but the battery gets low).

3. Set scheduled capture in three hours or more (the longest I tried 6 hours later). Sometimes it would even not turn on automatically. Sometimes it turns on without recording. (have never succeeded).

* After I scheduled each time, I turned it off and never turn on the GoPro before it turns on automatically.