Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 9 Scheduled Capture Issues

[ New ]
Okay I am running into the same issue as well but for a night lapse mode. I set the schedulecapture. In night lapse mode at 12 a.m. intended for a 3 a.m. capture. In the morning there are no video as a result. I tried again yesterday with the exact settings and time when I set it up for 3 a.m. capture and this morning again no video. Mind you the camera was sitting outdoor at around 60° weather both attempts therefore I wonder if there are correlation between temperature and the scheduled capture mode. Today in my room I scheduled captured 5 hours away and the camera did turn on in night lapse mode. This issue seems to only happen during the nighttime
Tourist

[ New ]

I have a hard time beleiveing that the Gopro malfunctions at 60 degree temperatures.    That was  about the same temperature it was when my Gopro was outside and it didn't capture three nights in a row.  I do think the GoPro turned on but the capture never started recording.

My theroy is that there is a softwear glitch that has a problem with you setting the Scheduled Capture the day before.  I'm going to try setting it up after midnight and then see if it works in the morning.  I'll let you all know. 

Whatever it is it seems like it is something that can be fixed in a firmware update.

Hiker

[ New ]
This is super interesting and let's lay down some of the stats:

Negative Condition:
Temp = 60F
Camera Config time = before 12am
Scheduled Captured hours = 3am next day

Positive condition (when it worked)
Temp = 70F
Camera Config time = 8am
Scheduled Captured time = 12pm (doing a second test 5 hours apart @5pm same day)

Based on this, I think you are right and the system may not have fired if it's considered the next day. One way to test this is to setup the camera time as 11. 55pm now and then schedule to fire at 12.01am again. This will allow us to test the theory of next day glitch.

Gopro you should comp us for finding these bugs for you and with proposed solution. I will take the max mod thanks!!!

Hiker

[ New ]
Also we are in year 2020, @GoPro why is this site not mobile responsive at all?

From 1 silicone Valley dude to another... You should know better
Hiker

[ New ]

I've had this issue happen to me since getting my GoPro, fortunately it's getting fixed Smiley Happy

Hiker

[ New ]

i bet you're right sightseer... what makes this doubly frustrating as labs, where this scheduled capture was based i presume, has 0 issues with next day etc... so frustrating

Hiker

[ New ]
Actually just tested by changing the gopro time to 11:55pm and scheduled capture at 12:02am to simulate the overnight process and it actually fired... I did make a change where I changed Auto Shut Off to never. Let me test again with original settings of 15min
Tourist

[ New ]
Hi all,

I'm am having the same issues as mentioned.
If I set a short scheduled start for say 10min time it works, tho if tried 3 nights in a row to schedule a sunrise capture and nothing works.
Very dissapointed so far