Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro Hero 9 Scheduled Capture Issues

[ New ]

So I have used the Scheduled Capture a few times to rest. I set it up to Turn on and capture video in 2 minutes within programing it. I turn GoPro Hero 9 off. It works. It turns on few minutes later and starts recording. Awesome.

Problem:

When I set it to do same thing but 10 hours later, not just in few minutes. But I program it turn on for sunset and time lapse for 2 hours. It wont. Not only does it not turn on, but when I set it up at 9pm, for a 6am sunrise it was at 88%. I woke up no video but battery was 2%.

Is anyone else having problems with Scheduled Capture set to turn on many hours later while asleep. I saw couple people on Youtube saying they experienced 50/50 it working. Which is seems what Im seeing.

Maybe GoPro aware and address it next update.

Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 9 Scheduled Capture Issues

[ New ]

Same issues and it's really a bummer...after using labs which worked perfectly on the 8, was so excited to have some of the features built in...but same results, 0 success with any schedule longer than 15 min...spoke to support yesterday, they said hard reset camera would do the trick...definitely did not...really wish they would at least address the fact that it's not working as the scheduling was one of the main selling points....

Hiker

[ New ]

Update: 9/24/20

i tried again last night 9pm set scheduled time lapse 10 seconds for 3 hrs for 6am start. Tuned off GoPro at 97% battery. It's now 9:02am next day. No media saved, did not record and it's at 86% battery.

Again if I select a time in the future only 2-5 minutes away from starting and shut the camera off, it turns on and starts. But anything for longer scheduled time does not record..

missed two sunrises now

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @pilotsflight @stoutboost7283

This has been reported to the team.

We'll post back once we have an update.

As a workaround, can you please try setting the camera's Auto-Off option to Never?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

aragon thanks much!!! 

can confirm that at least in my case, switching auto off to never did not help... hoping for a fix soon (at least i still have my 8 with labs firmware...which works awesome!... but still want the new one working ;) 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @stoutboost7283

We'll have this shared with the team as additional information.

Hiker

[ New ]

Update:

I tried again 3rd time. Camera at 100% battery 9pm, schedualed 6am. Auto Power set to NEVER, and used 24 hr clock instead of the am selection as previous times I tried.  Turned camera off. 

Just check no sunrise. No recodings, but camera was at 21% battery. Every time no media recodred but battery is drianed.

Not doing any more testing 3x (3 days) was enough to play around get it work. They will have fix it in next software update.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have been having the exact issues that pilotsflight has with the scheduled capture.  I had auto off set to "never".  Tried to record the sunrise with Time Lapse Photo.  Set the capture time for 6:00am and turned the camera off around 10:00pm the previous day.  Tried three days in a row and no recording.  It does appear that the camera is turning on but the recording does not start up.  I have experimented with setting shorter times such as 2 hours and it worked fine but every time I try overnight no recording.  The battery is drained quite a bit though the following morning.  I wonder if the issue is that the capture is set the day before and there is some kind of firmware glitch?  Very frustrating as I thought this would be a great tool for capturing time laspse while I was asleep.