Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 9 ReStarting During Transfer

[ New ]

Hi, I se many people here with the same issue but I wanted to start a new post for better solution tracking.  

Since the last firmware update my GoPro Hero 9 Black now restarts itself when I download files from the camera to my GoPro app (7.3 - 4421) on my iPhone Xs, software version 14.2.  

Often the Hero 9 freezes during transfers as well, and the battery needs to be pulled and put back to continue. 

I have tried a lot of advice given in other posts, such as removing and reinstalling the camera from both wifi and bluetooth.

I love the camera and it was working so well until the last update.  To be fair it does work occasionally, but after many iPhone restarts and refrershing the app.  It's just very inconsistant and it really isn't right after what was paid for the product.  

I am hoping Gopro does can roll out a solution as soon as possible.

Also I am NOT having any issues with my GoPro Max, it seems to be specifically with the 9.  

Thank you very much and have a great rest of the week.

-Kat

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 9 ReStarting During Transfer

[ New ]

Hello, @krisikat1029. If you are still trying to update your HERO9 Black camera, have a go at the following steps on an incognito browser. 

1. Visit https://community.gopro.com/
  2. Once on the page, navigate through the right-side menu and select "GoPro Resources". 
  3. Choose "Product Updates."
  4. Choose HERO9 Black. 
  5. Proceed with the prompts/instructions. 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @krisikat1029. Thanks for these details. Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

Please try to unpair and re-pair your camera to the app. Additionally, some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out.

In addition, do you get the same results when downloading a single file only? How many files were you trying to download? What's the video length of the media files?

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi aenriquez:

Thank you for writing.  I am unable to update with that link on both Safari and Google Chrome, the site will not let me get through the CAPTCHA.  

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the camera multiple times.  

It happens whne trying to transfer multiple files AND single files.  It happens for both photos and videos but the video tranfer is worse.  My video clips are anywhere from 15 seconds long to a minute and a half.  

The sad part is that is was working well and I love the camera but the last firmware update has left it useless for me.  It's not worth the aggravation or taking out the SD card and upliading media to my MacBook.  I hope GoPro finds a solution soon.  

Tourist

[ New ]

ALSO...

I switched to 2.4 GHZ and although I sucessfully downloaded a clip that was one 1:34 (one minute, thirty four seconds) it took over 14 minutes to do so.  

Have a good week!

Kat

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @krisikat1029. If you are still trying to update your HERO9 Black camera, have a go at the following steps on an incognito browser. 

1. Visit https://community.gopro.com/
  2. Once on the page, navigate through the right-side menu and select "GoPro Resources". 
  3. Choose "Product Updates."
  4. Choose HERO9 Black. 
  5. Proceed with the prompts/instructions. 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!