Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 9 Media Mod Mic Issues

[ New ]

Hello,

I have a GoPro Hero 9 along with the Media Mod. I am trying to use my RODE VideoMicro Mic but I am not having any luck. I've tried using every type of 3.5mm plug that came with the microphone but I can't get the camera to recognize it. I go to the PROTUNE settings and I can't select an external microphone. The camera is updated to version 1.52. I've tried resetting the camera but that didn't help. Am I missing something? Could my camera or Media Mod be damaged? 

GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 9 Media Mod Mic Issues

[ New ]

Hi @randsome01

Check out Connecting an External Microphone and External Microphone Recommendations

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The day after I posted this I contacted the GoPro support via chat. We did some troubleshooting and found that the camera’s USB C port was not functioning properly. It would not recognize the media mod or the pro audio adapter. The support team member determined the camera needed to be replaced. I sent out to their RMA office on Sunday. I believe it arrived their today.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update @randsome01

We see that the replacement order is on its way. 

Feel free to post back and let us know how it goes with the replacement unit.

Regards,

Ej