Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro Hero 9 LiveStream Issues to Correct

[ New ]

I have the GoPro hero9 Black and I'm trying to use it for Live streaming because I don't want to resort to the white and very obtrusive Sony action cams that everyone uses. GoPro needs to work on fixing some of these things in a software update if possible. 

1. No preview while livestreaming from the GoPro App when connecting wirelessly. You should be able to zoom and see what you are sending in the preview. The delay to a livestream for adjustments is not ideal. 

MediaModBlur.JPEG

2. Enable the GoPro app to save RTMP destinations. This is already on another thread but I figured I'd pile on. https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/How-do-I-save-LIVE-settings-incl-RTMP-stream-na...

3. Allow Livestreaming camera orientation to adjust to upside down. 

Media Mod Specific Issues: 

4. While plugged into the Micro HDMI and connecting to the LiveU Solo with HDMI there is no way to see anything that is happening on your GoPro. The Display is off and there is no control on your phone when previewing it. 

5. When you start streaming if you don't already have the camera in video mode you go into your stream in content/media playback mode. You sould be able to simply turn that off in the GoPro app or on the goPro display screen that is blacked out when on the media mod HDMI. 

playbackmodeBLUR.JPEG

6. In preview on the goPro app while connected to the HDMI output you cannot control anything such as the On Screen Display OSD items like battery and no sim card notices. To get rid of the OSD on your live stream you have to memorize the amount of GoPro touch screen swipes to get to the OSD button and then touch the screen to remove it. So I swipe left 2 times then tap to remove them. This should be viewable on the GoPro display screen or controllable in the Gopro app. 

cameraOSDIssueblur.png

OSDMenuBlur.JPEG

7. The media mod and screws are not very nice together. You can barely finger tighten the screws when using the mod. We have to buy aftermarket products to use the mod easily. This is a fail. 

MediaModBlur.JPEG

Please work to upgrade the software to make livestreaming more functional and when plugged into HDMI via the Media Mod. This will enhance the experience. You can take down the Sony Action cams if you get these things fixed. 

Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 9 LiveStream Issues to Correct

[ New ]
No response from GoPro?
GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate the detailed feedback, @thinkingallowed. These have been passed on to the teams in charge. We do not have an update at this time but our team is aware of these concerns. we will definitely post back once we have new information to share. Thank you! 

Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks for the reply!
Hiker

[ New ]

Gopro have been "appreciating the feedback" and "passing the info back to the teams in charge" for 3 years without ever fixing anything for the livestreaming, don't be fooled by this message from them, they do not care about livestreaming and will not make any improvements.

Hiker

[ New ]
Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn
Tourist

[ New ]
Wanna know whats worse? I knew of that issue, so I bought the display mod because 3 different support ppl said the display mod would continue displaying while I plugged in my hdmi output to send to my TV. (I said I was trying to use it as a remote security camera because "livestream" always lead them to try and convince me to just stream over wifi from the camera....I run a multi-camera livestream setup)