Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 9 Horizon Levelling Video Flip 45 Degrees

[ New ]

Hi,

Every time I use the horizon leveling feature on the GoPro Hero 9, the video will just rotate by 45 degrees, even though I'm not twisting or turning the camera. The attached image shows what is happening, it's even done this when I've rested the GoPro on a flat surface to record using the horizon leveling feature.

Does anybody know how to stop it from doing this please? I'm guessing to fix the already recorded videos I just need to sort it out in post editing?

Any help would be appreciated

goProHL.png
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 9 Horizon Levelling Video Flip 45 Degrees

[ New ]

Hi @tomp80316

What version is the camera on?

What resolution and camera settings were used?

Is this only happening on regular videos?

It will also be best if you can share a sample video.

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

Yup, happens to me as well

Here is a sample, uploaded straight from the camera. I stopped filming when I clearly saw the tilt. I am wearing the chesty mount from gopro, and I am walking straight on flat ground, no way the camera is tilting.

Settings:

4k30 Linear+HL

GPS Off

Min Max iso: 100/800

https://gopro.com/v/96QZn5lolw6Dm

Hiker

[ New ]

I had a similar issue (45 degrees) yesterday. 
4k, 30, L+

hypersmooth high

lens: linear +horizontal

high bitrate 

even more interesting: afterwards, I changed my settings to

4k, 30, N

hypersmooth boost

After I started the recording I was not able to Stopp/switch off the camera anymore. Changed the Batterie to Stopp the camera. All new videos were recorded but not "viewable" nor was I able to upload the files. The whole day was lost. 

SD card sandisk extreme pro 128 GB

languague version: German

}

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello everyone! Thank you for sharing details on the issue you observed. To gather more details, are your cameras updated to the latest firmware? Was the camera within the lens angle limit indicated at HERO9 Black - In-Camera Horizon Leveling?

We will pass this information along to the team and keep you posted through this thread. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about that, @sprystoke56255. Did you get an SD Err message on your camera? Was your SD card formatted prior to using it in the camera. There are tips at NO SD or SD ERR on Camera's LCD that will help. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks for asking! No, no SD card error. Yes, the card was formatted. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks again. Yes, latest firmware version. Interesting fact: failed in the Forrest (biking). Was ok on the lake (SUP). 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the additional information, @sprystoke56255. We will share this with the team. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Ist happened again. Camera was mounted upside down. Most (not all) videos from the last two days are gone. I did not have those problems with my Hero 8. 😡
GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate the update, @sprystoke56255. Sorry to hear that you are still having issues with the camera. In this case, it would be best to get in touch with our Support Team so they can help with further troubleshooting. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number.